BEWARE - Blisstool Program Set-Up cards are a Scam

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
beaubrummell

Re: BEWARE - Blisstool Program Set-Up cards are a Scam

Post by beaubrummell » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:59 am

Great post GF. Hopefully you'll save a lot of guys a lot of frustration not to mention the money.

E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

GREGGOWREX

Post by GREGGOWREX » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:18 am

Well done pen of the glen ,thats a good heads up ::g
If I was to live to over 300 years old , would I end up in a museum ?
Euro tek pro 11inch coil
The early bird gets the worm , The second mouse GETS the cheese ;)

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 am

Glenfiddich said "The Blisstool is a very complex machine which has no visual screen and looks like it's NOT suitable for the faint hearted or the newbie either and it is the sort of detector which would welcome the warrant of any help offered as it looks to be so very complex indeed especially with the bigger models....."

Hi Glenfiddich, and fellow visitors to this welcome section of the forum. Yes, a lot of people do think the Blisstool looks a bit intimidating what with all it's knobs and switches. It's not really that bad though, as a lot of them can be left permanently in position or at least returned to previous positions after having ground balanced. I actually found it easier to set up than digital detectors that require scrolling through menus and sub menus. Once you've done it a couple of times, as with most detectors, it's not something that worries you.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:00 pm

looks like a deep detector ::g but wouldn't like to be diggin those holes all day sw;

neil.
Just using the Force Image

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:05 pm

That's probably where they excel- hoard hunting and finding some deep remnants of other hoards where the shallower coins have already been recovered. Apart from that they're great on "worked out" club sites for finding deeper coins etc. that all the other detectors have missed.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Glenfiddich wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:looks like a deep detector ::g but wouldn't like to be diggin those holes all day sw;

neil.
I don't think anyone would want to dig such deep holes :-O however if you were searching an area which was renowned for finding Roman or Celtic coins then this might just be the thing to eek out that one or two deeper coins or even a hoard ::g and I have seen first hand a Roman hoard of over 700 bronze coins being excavated by a professional archaeologist and the finds were buried in a small vase and neatly stacked in rows (so it wasn't a spilled hoard) and at a depth of around 2 feet deep and now I'm thinking twice about buy my CTX 3030 and am now thinking of getting a Blisstool instead ::g B-) and it's a lot cheaper too ::g

Glen ::g
your not wrong on that one glen, id love to know what would come up on my permissions as they are all pasture and havent been ploughed for years, unfortunately i cant afford one :((

heres a vid on they type of settings you can expect in the field

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and you cant knock this hoard test

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neil.

Cobs

Post by Cobs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:47 pm

20 inches hmmm not bad, my Explorer II with the Nel Tornado on will take some beating - a fist size lump of iron with something copper attached to it @ 26inches :)
YouTube Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PJhS_ ... 4Ow/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Warning - Contains Treasure n stuff

Minelab CTX 3030 / Minelab Explorer II
Treasure: 1 Gold: 2 Hammered: 2

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:48 pm

I had the V3 & now have the V5, yes they look daunting but as muddy fingers says with machines like say e trac (which I also have) you scroll through lots of different setup scenarios for different sites. The Blisstool is just the same but instead of scrolling you just turn the knob.

Not had a lot of time to get out with my V5 but first impressions are that its easier to use now that it has inbuilt stabilisation, for me discrimination seems easier & setup easier also.

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:00 am

hi i have the v3 and by all accounts the v4 v5 v6 are lot more user friendly with better discrim so a would get one of the latest models , might even get one myself later on.i have had some deep and not so deep finds on a pasture field i thought i had cleared out over the last 25 years with various other detectors.......red.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:46 am

I agree with redwulf500. Everybody seems to say the V5 is easier to use, so I would go for that. I stick to my V3 as I'm quite happy with it but if you haven't already got a Blisstool then getting the V5 seems a better bet.

Malinois

Post by Malinois » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 am

I'm thinking of selling my V3, not because I don't like it, but because I am not using it that much on my current sites. I may lean towards a V6 in the future.

Ian

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:41 am

Hi guys
Two points, the Blisstool may look like a complex machine for a newbie, but simple research of trusted videos and forum reports allows a user to set up and go the day they get there machine. I had never used an analogue machine before buying my V5 and I grasped the basics after a few days of use!
Anybody looking for a trusted, tried and tested base set up for their Blisstool, they are available in the Blisstool section on this forum or the Blisstool forum. Stick with the trusted information you will find on either of these sites and you will not go wrong. I would never be afraid of how a machine looks, if I can get it with no previous experience with analogue, anybody can ::g
Regards
Foggy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 am

Always good to hear users experiences and nobody had mentioned how to get base settings!
And your welcome :D
Regards
Foggy

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Glenfiddich wrote:
Blueboy wrote:I had the V3 & now have the V5, yes they look daunting but as muddy fingers says

Not had a lot of time to get out with my V5 but first impressions are that its easier to use now that it has inbuilt stabilisation, for me discrimination seems easier & setup easier also.
So would you recommend getting the V5 over the V3 :-/ :-/ I read somewhere that there were a batch of V3's which had a fault of some sort so maybe I should stay well clear of the V3 but I am VERY interested in getting one as a secondary detector as i have a few sites which I'm sure i could find the deeper stuff that my Deus cannot reach :-O ::g

Glen ::g
Hi Glen, can only say as I find, owning the V3 & now the V5, for me the V5 is a definite move forward. I find it less tiring on my ears as the signals do seem easier to read/understand & with the stabilisation mode set its less chattery. I had a gold coin with my V3 but so far not much with my V5 but not really been out with it that much to be fair.

I will say tho that I don't find the V5 as tiring to use as the V3 was. Just my opinion of course but hope this helps.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

after watching quite a few vids on these machines its making me quite interested in them. my only concern is all those nobs :-L think i would spend most of the day wondering if its set at its best for the particular field i was on, it dose look a bit daunting to say the least

neil.

GREGGOWREX

Post by GREGGOWREX » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 am

Seeing that this has gone off from the OP straight away lolol , how would this machine be received in the Archi world ie in relation to ploughline and context ? if it can do what some people are claiming , Im curious !
If I was to live to over 300 years old , would I end up in a museum ?
Euro tek pro 11inch coil
The early bird gets the worm , The second mouse GETS the cheese ;)

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:34 am

Seeing that this has gone off from the OP straight away
Yes please remember to stay on topic, there are some interesting replies in this topic that would be better suited elsewhere in this new forum, some replies could be new topics in their own right! ::g
When a topic goes off topic interesting and useful information gets lost or is much harder to find.

Cheers
mrix

Return to “Blisstool Forum”