Blisstool Metal detectors.

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Blueboy

Blisstool Metal detectors.

Post by Blueboy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Just interested on how the Blisstool users are getting on with their machines. I have read through some of the threads on here that date back a while, just wondering if those users still have their Blisstool detectors & if so how they are getting on with it.

Mega B

Re: Blisstool Metal detectors.

Post by Mega B » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:22 am

They seem like deep machines.
Last edited by Mega B on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:19 am

Could of been a brilliant detector If it had been sold and marketed properly from the start. Supply and marketing plus all the knobs and switches were its downfall. It needed modifying, updating and bringing into the 21st century. Big shame all round.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:06 am

Unfortunately, due to health issues, Daryn has recently given up being the UK Blisstool distributor and as yet no replacement has been forth coming. Not that it would be an easy job to do as Daryn gave it his all, really going out of his way to help and support UK Blisstool purchasers. Used in the right places, it could be a brilliant detector for finding really deep coins etc but certainly, there are a number of modifications that UK users in particular would appreciate, most notably, two tone, to aid iron ID.

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:36 am

Daryn always had health issues. Obviously it got worse and he had to give up because of it which nobody likes to see. I supported Daryn in the early days of Blisstool in a lot more ways than most people know. My help was not appreciated so thats ended up my problem for being so helpful and trusting. You live and learn even at my age.

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:03 pm

muddy fingers wrote:Unfortunately, due to health issues, Daryn has recently given up being the UK Blisstool distributor and as yet no replacement has been forth coming. Not that it would be an easy job to do as Daryn gave it his all, really going out of his way to help and support UK Blisstool purchasers. Used in the right places, it could be a brilliant detector for finding really deep coins etc but certainly, there are a number of modifications that UK users in particular would appreciate, most notably, two tone, to aid iron ID.
Agree with that muddy fingers, I do find the Bliss a bit tiring to use after a few hours because of the constant earbashing from targets & trying to determine which ones to dig. Two tone !!!! that would be a major leap forward in knowing what to dig.

Seems very quiet on the Bliss forum & the others that I belong to, maybe the manufacturer needs to do something to re-invigorate the Blisstool & make it particularly more user friendly to new users.

Deep machine, no doubt about that but trying to determine what to dig on a very junky site can be a bit of a challenge.

pulltabminer

Post by pulltabminer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:28 pm

I just bought a used V3. Got it exactly 5 days ago and have gone out a few times with it.

I was told this was not a 'park machine'. Alas, I am stubborn and don't listen. So I took it to the trashiest park in my city. I know it's too early for me to have any valid opinions about this machine but this is what I've found.
There is a difference in the intensity of the signal when it comes to deep items. Then I use Ahmed's method of using Threshold to roughly determine the depth of the item. That is all I need for now as the coins I am searching for lie beyond the 10 inch depth level.
My main problem comes with ground balance but I know I will eventually get it. The second issue has to do with handling discrimination. Again, I know with experience this too shall pass.

pulltabMiner

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Sun May 01, 2016 8:34 am

I think a lot of the criticism that has been directed at the Bliss over the last couple of years is because people expect to use it as their main machine no matter where they go and of course, sites can be so very different in so many ways. In some instances, to use the Bliss is an excellent choice, usually when the good finds are deep and there is not too much other trash in the ground. It is perfectly possible to use the Bliss in more difficult circumstances, but it can be jolly hard work trying to distinguish what are the good signals and what aren't. The Bliss needs two tone ID and an accompanying Iron Volume control to overcome this problem. It would cost more to fit into the circuit but would be well worth it in terms of ease of use and therefore more satisfied customers particularly in the UK. Another matter that should have been addressed by the manufacturer by now is the difficulty everyone experiences with getting the Ground Balance right, especially as an incorrect setting has such a major adverse effect on the machine's performance. The adjustment knob for the Ground Balance is far too critical and I wonder if a simple change of potentiometer type (ten turn) would be beneficial. This subject was touched on in a previous thread on here- "A way to make Ground Balancing Easier?"

pulltabminer

Post by pulltabminer » Tue May 03, 2016 4:16 pm

I reached out to an experienced Blisstool user and then I watched a video whereas another Blisstool users shows how he ground balances the Bliss.

I went to the park and using auto gb I cleaned an area in the park and spent 30 minutes practicing how to manually ground balance. By the end my machine was quite as a mouse.

Boy, people are not kidding when they say these pots are sensitive! I think for now I can explore the other nuances of this machine. I know as I use it more and more I may revisit the gb issue. I am really thinking the Bliss will deliver.

Return to “Blisstool Forum”