blisstool v5 depth test

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
nexus john

blisstool v5 depth test

Post by nexus john » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 am

Hi was just testing the v5 I got past few weeks and think there might be something wrong with it checked ground for any targets ground balanced set it up etc etc dug a 12 inch deep hole put in a groat .dug a second hole 7 inchs deep put in a sixpence detector could not detect them changed settings etc still nothing removed groat put it at 10 inches still nothing.removed again put at 8 inches got a very little scratch totally none dig as if nothing was there both where a fail. Tried an air test to see with a Vicky penny a medium buckle and a pound coin picked penny and buckle up at 18 inches and pound at 13 inches all with 11 in coin so could some one compare there's or give me any advice on if mine is faulty or does that sound about right in air test any help would be great

Kind regards
John

Filternozzle

Re: blisstool v5 depth test

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:50 am

Sounds like a problem with the ground balance.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Koala

Post by Koala » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Push your luck at those depths

Not my machine but all I have tried have been about the same.

T2, Bandido, GM 1+, 1260x and 1265x there all within an inch of each other. Whites Classic (80s design) is the same but need the discrimination to be at zero.

Silver six pence around 6"

Pre decimal penny around 11"

The penny is quite corroded and thin. Does vary from month to month. Sometimes its an difficult target sometimes easy depending on moisture in the ground I guess.

That's in my nice lawn. A field full of coke and you will get nowhere near this.

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:36 pm

The problem with a freshly buried coin or artifact for that matter, is that it has not been in the ground long enough to create that ''halo'' effect ::g
Only the best, XP Goldmaxx power .... F.I.D member ::g
And a proud member of the best club in Somerset, Wessex Searchers MDC ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 pm

The Blisstool is one of those detectors that excels at depth tests in freshly dug holes those targets should be no problem even with V3 versions you maybe have got some settings not quite right.

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm

the-roman wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:36 pm
The problem with a freshly buried coin or artifact for that matter, is that it has not been in the ground long enough to create that ''halo'' effect ::g

According to Dave Johnstone the designer of several Teknetics, Fisher and Whites machines the halo effect on non ferrous metals is a myth, the next time you dig say an old penny out of the ground (that has left a green imprint in the soil in contact with it) run the machine over the now empty but stained clod, nothing! Silver barely corrodes and gold not at all so virtually no residue left behind in the soil, iron is of course another matter.

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:11 pm

hi them depths should be obtainable with the v5 , maybe need to practice the g.b some more, i have a v3 and it picks a victorian silver sixpence, at 8 inches no problem, also a victorian half penny which as been buried for 4 years on pasture at 11 inches ..watch all the vids on the blisstool uk forum .....red

Koala

Post by Koala » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Ten pence! wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm
the-roman wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:36 pm

According to Dave Johnstone the designer of several Teknetics, Fisher and Whites machines the halo effect on non ferrous metals is a myth, the next time you dig say an old penny out of the ground (that has left a green imprint in the soil in contact with it) run the machine over the now empty but stained clod, nothing! Silver barely corrodes and gold not at all so virtually no residue left behind in the soil, iron is of course another matter.
Correct any detectable halo is only iron

However digging a fresh hole does affect the ground. Sometimes positive some negative.

Koala

Post by Koala » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:33 pm

redwulf500 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:11 pm
hi them depths should be obtainable with the v5 , maybe need to practice the g.b some more, i have a v3 and it picks a victorian silver sixpence, at 8 inches no problem, also a victorian half penny which as been buried for 4 years on pasture at 11 inches ..watch all the vids on the blisstool uk forum .....red
"dug a 12 inch deep hole put in a groat" ?

Buckles yes, pre decimal coppers yes

Return to “Blisstool Forum”