Make Your Blisstool Wireless

Only topics related to the Blisstool V5 Metal detector in this section, Off topic posts will be removed.
Foggy

Make Your Blisstool Wireless

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi Guys
I'm not really a big fan of wired headphones, especially in this type of weather, every time you set your machine down to dig a target, you have to remove the headphones and they end up covered in dirt which isn't good for your headset. I've tried the long and short coiled cables and the straight cables, just don't like them.
I am however pleased to say, i have found a set of wireless headphones which work perfectly with the V5, they are the Sennheiser RS160 with transmitter. I've been testing them for nearly a week now in the field and they have performed great, absolutely no problems. There is no delay and have not disconnected once, even during breaks, i can walk around away from my detector and when i start again, just pick up my detector and off i go. I can only comment on my V5 not sure about any other metal detectors but they are certainly worth looking at.
I had the censor mounted underneath my control box but found it was getting in the way of my cover so i have remounted it on the front of the stem. (see pics)
Simple mount, cut a square piece of perspex, put 4 small holes in it, attach to stem using a couple of small cable ties. Buy a small waterproof bag from an outdoor shop (normally used for mobile phones) add a little bit of soft packing, attach to perspex with simple Velcro, job done. The waterproof bag is solely used to keep dirt and grit out! I don't detect in the rain, if you do, then you would have to look at waterproofing the headset.
Makes the whole experience better for me, no cables and i can still hear my pinpointer so i never have to touch my headset once on, easy to turn transmitter on/off without opening waterproof bag.
regards
Foggy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Foggy

Re: Make Your Blisstool Wireless

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Hello Glenfiddich
I use the V5, fairly close to the V6 but doesn't have Ore mode.
The machines can look daunting but they are remarkably easy to use AS long as you research the videos and information available through forums first.
The V5 is my first ever analogue machine, i only had digital machines before this, so if i can use it, anybody can ::g
I love it even more now its wireless though. It was the wireless thing that almost led me to buy the Deus, i just couldn't afford it at the time but a lot of you guys seem to use them, they look a great machine.
regards
Foggy

How did the V6 go at the dig? anything to report?

norfolksquit

Post by norfolksquit » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Foggy wrote:Hi Guys
I'm not really a big fan of wired headphones, especially in this type of weather, every time you set your machine down to dig a target, you have to remove the headphones and they end up covered in dirt which isn't good for your headset. I've tried the long and short coiled cables and the straight cables, just don't like them.
I am however pleased to say, i have found a set of wireless headphones which work perfectly with the V5, they are the Sennheiser RS160 with transmitter. I've been testing them for nearly a week now in the field and they have performed great, absolutely no problems. There is no delay and have not disconnected once, even during breaks, i can walk around away from my detector and when i start again, just pick up my detector and off i go. I can only comment on my V5 not sure about any other metal detectors but they are certainly worth looking at.
I had the censor mounted underneath my control box but found it was getting in the way of my cover so i have remounted it on the front of the stem. (see pics)
Simple mount, cut a square piece of perspex, put 4 small holes in it, attach to stem using a couple of small cable ties. Buy a small waterproof bag from an outdoor shop (normally used for mobile phones) add a little bit of soft packing, attach to perspex with simple Velcro, job done. The waterproof bag is solely used to keep dirt and grit out! I don't detect in the rain, if you do, then you would have to look at waterproofing the headset.
Makes the whole experience better for me, no cables and i can still hear my pinpointer so i never have to touch my headset once on, easy to turn transmitter on/off without opening waterproof bag.
regards
Foggy
How long do batteries last, supposed to be 120 hrs Transmitter 24 Hrs Headphones? Cheers.

BTW I have just purchased a pair of RS160's for £98 of ebay and will do a video review soon using my Cscope 6mxi......
Currently Using: GOLDEN MASK 4

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1zqxd ... mVtqrh-gyg

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:01 pm

Looking forwards to your video review norfolksquit. Afraid that I don't know how long the batteries will last for.

norfolksquit

Post by norfolksquit » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 pm

muddy fingers wrote:Looking forwards to your video review norfolksquit. Afraid that I don't know how long the batteries will last for.
They should come tomorrow or Friday, so you won't have to wait long.

norfolksquit

Post by norfolksquit » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:49 pm

Here's my Initial thoughts:

-dTdtosGrb8

Return to “Blisstool V5 Model”