Fisher F Pulse Pin Pointer

Topics related to Fisher metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Fisher Videos
Doyoudigitman

Fisher F Pulse Pin Pointer

Post by Doyoudigitman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Hey folks
I'm looking for a bit of advice. I am thinking of buying a fisher f pulse pin pointer and I just wanted to know if any of you are using them and what are your thoughts.
Regards
Raymond

DelphiOne

Re: Fisher f pulse pin pointer

Post by DelphiOne » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:00 pm

I've got the Fisher Fpulse my thought are it's a PI pulse induction unit. It has three power settings which can be adjusted to vibrate or not,just audio,or just vibrate.You can adjust the light brightness or turn it off. The unit also has 16 frequency shifts if it inteferes with your detector. The unit is also waterproof.
My thoughts are a little bit fiddly to setup until you get used to it, the unit seeks very deep and is very well made. Good value for the money i would say. You buy it as two flavors, red is the Fisher and green is the Tek Point, they are both the same item. Would i recommend it, yes i would.

Hope this helps Raymond.

Doyoudigitman

Post by Doyoudigitman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Thanks for your advice Delphi, it looks like a good bit of kit.
You say it is fiddly to set up, do you mean that it is initially awkward to set up or is it fiddly every time?
I want something that is preferably just push and go once it's set up!
Many thanks
Raymond

DelphiOne

Post by DelphiOne » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:36 pm

what i mean is fiddly until you get used to the setup mode key presses, once you learn them it's easy.
It's all explained in the supplied manual. :D You Can just turn on and go, i think it's set to mode two buzz and audio.

Hope this helps.

Doyoudigitman

Post by Doyoudigitman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks for your time delphione ::g

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:06 am

I wish they would find a way of restricting its detection area ,while they advertise 360 degrees as a good thing its not !on full power you dont have a clue where things are in the hole as the thing goes off as soon as you put the probe in it.
Far better would be just the end detecting so you can poke it about and get a direction.
Whether it will start falsing down the line its to early to know but the garrett seems to get worse the older it gets .
The other downside is that frail looking lanyard bit ,once it breaks can something be made to connect a lanyard to it.
As for wear resistant thats tosh theres no plastic on earth that cannot be scratched and i can see why the waterproof depth has been revised i have already seen the gasket on the battery bit pucker and i have only used one set!

Return to “Fisher Forum”