Fisher f75

Topics related to Fisher metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Fisher Videos
Chalkey1

Fisher f75

Post by Chalkey1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:23 pm

I was just interested to know if anyone out there is using the fisher f75. Just bought mine new nearly 2 weeks ago,any thoughts on it ,good or bad.after hearing from you I will give a little heads up on what I think,what I've found,settings etc. Cheers. Chalkey

Fisher F75

Ten pence!

Re: Fisher f75

Post by Ten pence! » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 pm

My detecting partner has just purchased one, it's the gold stemmed 85th anniversary model and it's a cracker! We detect almost exclusively inland and after doing some in the ground testing he's settled on JE mode with 2L tones and sensitivity no higher than 75, you start to lose the "feel" of the signals if you ramp the gain up too high. I used to have the very similar T2 and to be honest I wish I'd kept it.

Polaris100

Post by Polaris100 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:27 pm

I too have recently bought an 85th anniversary model and quite agree about the JE mode and settings. In discrimination mode it really is a switch on and go machine. However on various web sites, you tube videos and the owner's manual it seems that the all metals mode is far superior / sensitive and achieves finds at greater depth. However, it isn't the easiest thing to master.
If anyone can give me any advice on the all metal mode I would greatly appreciate it. e.g. Should I only dig when I get a visual signal along with the audio? If I turn down the sensitivity will it reduce the depth from which I receive signals? Why, when I get a signal and switch to static mode do I get a deafening screech when the coil is within a metre of the hole?
TIA

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am

Polaris100 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:27 pm
I too have recently bought an 85th anniversary model and quite agree about the JE mode and settings. In discrimination mode it really is a switch on and go machine. However on various web sites, you tube videos and the owner's manual it seems that the all metals mode is far superior / sensitive and achieves finds at greater depth. However, it isn't the easiest thing to master.
If anyone can give me any advice on the all metal mode I would greatly appreciate it. e.g. Should I only dig when I get a visual signal along with the audio? If I turn down the sensitivity will it reduce the depth from which I receive signals? Why, when I get a signal and switch to static mode do I get a deafening screech when the coil is within a metre of the hole?
TIA
Searching in all metal is a slow process as you'll be constantly be glancing at the meter as everything sounds virtually the same, I've also seen various clips on Youtube where the owner ramps the sensitivity up to 99 in all metal and gets some seemingly amazing depths, in real world detecting you can't search like this as it's very distracting, the best thing to do is actually test out the settings for yourself! I'm amazed more people don't do this instead of just accepting internet advice like I'm offering now! :))

Bury a target at the limit of the machines range and try some settings, keep in mind that for in the field searching you need some stability, recovery speed, and some discrimination, plus you won't be hovvering the centre of the coil over a target you know is there!

SMELLYJELLY

Post by SMELLYJELLY » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 am

Ive been using the f75 anniversary for a few months now. found me a nice hammered james literally 10 mins on the field testing the machine, gobsmacked. that was sens 65, no disc, notch 1 (minimum), tones 2n Jew mode.. Ive also tried different settings which also work very well, these are sens avg 70, disc 10, notch 1 single tone 1, Jew mode. this set up means watching the screen more but depth is good. Settings im trying out now which im really keen on are Pl mode thus is so much quieter than Je mode which enables you to ramp up sens even to 95 and still very stable with strd coil. sens 90ish, disc 10, notch 1, tones 2n, Pl mode.. ive tested deep coins and this is a very deep set up without the chirpy sensitivity settings of JE mode. Good luck and HH.. Smellyjelly :)

Return to “Fisher Forum”