Nokta Impact New for 2017 - Now in Stock!

Only for the discussion of Nokta metal detectors and accessories, off topic posts will be removed.
Fusion

Re: Nokta Impact New for 2017

Post by Fusion » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

It appears that testers of pre-production units have been permitted to post videos of real hunts with the Impact, so there should be some appearing on YouTube. As they aren't done with production spec machines, you would have to use them as a general guide, changes will definitely have taken place.
:(

mrix
Founder

Nokta Impact Manual

Post by mrix » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Hello all, just an update to say the Manual for this device has been released ::g
Direct link here - Nokta Impact Manual

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Just looked at the cover, didn't the storm troopers ride these in Star Wars? ::g
XP Goldmaxx Power + 9" coil & WS2 + WS3 wireless phones
NEL Sharpshooter
NEL Tornado
and Mud.

Rutus Alter 71

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 am

There's no denying, the 'Nokta Impact' has a decent array of features for it's meagre 6 volt power supply so that's quite impressive in itself and I do like the overall design including the straight shaft. However, there are a couple of things that perhaps could become problematic:-

1. The connecting coupling for the coil to control box - wonder if it's robust enough to cope with frequent 'taking down to it's minimum length for transporting.
2. The location of the speaker housing which would be a potential point for ingress of sand/water especially if used on the beach etc. I note that a stand is available as an 'add-on'

A very good looking design but unfortunately, the cost rules it out as a replacement for my 'back-up' Makro Racer (and nothing can yet convince me that my Goldmax P4 should be replaced! :D ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

The Impulse runs off 4 x AA, versus 8 x AA for the GMP, so there's half your difference. I suspect the digital radio transmitter (vs. the FM analogue one in the GMP) may be a power-consuming feature.
There's a lot of features that you could turn off - the torch/flashlight, the vibration-motor, I guess the cordless headphone link, the LCD backlight. And 5KHz operation is more power-consuming, which is likely a frequency you would use less often?.or maybe not if you're keeping your GMP.

It's probably fairer to compare it's battery life to a machine it's similar to, like the Fisher F75, or its Racer nephews. The F75 gets 40-50 hours runtime off 4 x AA power, but it's a frugal machine, and a tough benchmark. I don't know about the Racers' power drain, dongle/no dongle, lots of variations there.
:(

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Always knowledgeable technical input from 'Fusion' ::g ::g ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

ju.mobile

Post by ju.mobile » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Is it me and trying to ignore the key benefit of a multi frequency machine. is this not a MR2 in wolfs clothing?

I hasten to add that I rate the MR2 and was nearly tempted myself and only after looking at videos did I think that I already own this machine.

Kind Regards

Ju

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 pm

If you read the manual it confirms Fusion is correct aout the batteries and the 9 hours is a worst case using 5Khz (which uses more power and would probably be the least used frequency) and having every thing that can use battery power turned on, so in the "real world" it would be fair to expect much better figures.

I have the Racer 2 and IMHO it gets a decent spell from the batteries, would be reluctant to put a figure on it - I use rechargable batteries so just do a quick switch to another set, but would take more notice if I had to buy new ones every time!.

Regarding Ju.mobile's comment about the Impact being a "Racer 2 in wolf's clothing" I think it does offer more than the MR2 even if it was a single frequency machine. But the really significant advantage is the ability to change frequency, each with its strengths.

I do really like he sound and look of this machine, but with the price hike does it offer enough extra to justify me replacing my MR2?. I am not sure.

Evan

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:57 am

I did read the manual, and I did say you "may get" as little as 9 hours, it will be interesting to see how the batteries last in this machine.
XP Goldmaxx Power + 9" coil & WS2 + WS3 wireless phones
NEL Sharpshooter
NEL Tornado
and Mud.

Rutus Alter 71

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:48 pm

9 hours is plenty for most and it takes seconds to change to a new set of batteries.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 pm

The official word from Nokta is that the Impact ships from early next week.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Just had this sent from Nokta this morning...
Hello Dear Members.

For those who have pre-ordered the Impact:
The shipments for all the pre-orders we received from UK dealers will be completed by tomorrow (except for some coils and accessories).
Dealers should be receiving them in a few days.

THANK YOU ALL and looking forward to hearing about your finds with the new Impact.
Dilek Gonulay
Sales & Marketing Manager
Always nice to see a new machine hit the market ::g B-)
Cheers
mrix

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:47 pm

From Nokta

UK shipments - some left on Tuesday and Wednesday...the rest will be completed today and tomorrow....

mrix
Founder

Re: Nokta Impact New for 2017 - Now in Stock!

Post by mrix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello all just an update to say our MDF Auction dealer has the Nokta Impact in Stock ::g
For anyone interested Direct links below....

Nokta Impact Standard Package

Nokta Impact Pro - Package

Return to “Nokta Metal Detectors Forum”