The minelab go find 40!

Only for the discussion of the Minelab GO-FIND metal detector within this forum.
Barbossa76

The minelab go find 40!

Post by Barbossa76 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Hello, i have another machine, and this one has really suprised me, the go find 40 arrived today, so i took it for a test run on ground im working with my vallon, it got 9" on a old unrecognisable coin today
Which is great by alot of machines standards. The iron discrim is great and it does it without destroying its depth capabilities, pinpoint is good to about 6/7" on a coin, after that it gets a bit vague, the screen is crystal clear, i ended up in a forest and the light was failing so the backlit screen button was amazing. Its as light as a feather too, and of course folds smaller than any detector ive seen.
Build quality is better than id read, of course time will tell on that one, im as carefull with this detector as i am with any of my others and if you dismantle or put it together with care itll last. The go find app. Well it is good. You can listen to music and of course plug your earphones in to your phone and thatll give you wireless earphones. Loads of gadgets, wet grass has been a issue with some of my entry level machines, not with the go find 40. So in all it has more than decent depth, good discrimination gadgets and compactness, i would highly recomend this detector, and to be honest i didnt think i was going to be saying that before todays hunt. Although i havnt tried it on beach, it does have proper auto ground balance(not fixed) and i hear it works well on wet sand, so i have to say im very impressed, and no regrets buying it, i know the 22 44 66 are supposed to be even stronger bit deeper? So def worth the money, its in with the vallons as my main machines. Hope this review helps someone.

Barbossa76

Re: The minelab go find 40!

Post by Barbossa76 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Im sure hell enjoy this machine

Return to “Minelab GO-FIND Forum”