Quest Scuba Tector

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
Jel

Quest Scuba Tector

Post by Jel » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi all. Up until 10 minutes ago i was going to buy a Quest Scuba Tector from the Quest site. I'd been eyeing one of these for a while now and literally had my finger over the buy it now until i saw another option, 'water damage repair service' which is more than half the new price! I thought these were designed to practically live under water? Has anyone got one and if so, is it worth the £140 just to take on holiday and has anyone had problems as i only want to use it in 1-2m of water?

Cheers, Jel.

ajb6864

Re: Quest Scuba Tector

Post by ajb6864 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:30 pm

I have one and use it 3-4 times per week in summer. When I bought it, it was the best small detector for snorkelling that I had seen. However, I have tried the Nokta underwater detector recently and I have to say that the pickup speed on signals is much better. I will probably pick one up for next season as I do think this is a definite improvement on my machine. No bias either way and the Quest has served me well, but just my honest opinion!

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:49 pm

If you decide to go down the Scuba tector route we do have them listed here at the MDFShop.
You also have the option to make a offer to save a few more pounds ::g

Direct link - Scuba Tector

yammy

Post by yammy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:55 am

It is a strange thing to have a water damage repair service for a detector which is designed to be used under water.

The reason is there is a known design fault with the Quest Scuba Tector. Apparently the plastic film over the flashlight area cracks and lets water in.
Quest Scuba Tector Issues.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ajb6864

Post by ajb6864 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Today the very flimsy internal charging pins snapped off mine. I've got to say I think it was a poor choice of connector and, as a retired electronic engineer, not really up to spec for a machine that will require charging after every one or two uses.

It is a shame, as like I said previously it is great fun to use.

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”