ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Quest Q40 issues...or possibly not?

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
yammy

Quest Q40 issues...or possibly not?

Post by yammy »

Just received a Q40 and on doing some basic tests indoors...not ideal I know, it seems to be a bit erratic?

If I put it in beach mode it won't quiet down and I noticed that even the slightest touch on the cable...half way up the stem triggers a repeatable signal. So touch the cable = signal, touch it again=signal and so on. Also sweeping the machine side to sid in air does the same thing. This is even if i manually turn the sensitivity down to just 1 :-O

However, if i switch to jewellery mode it goes quiet until there is a target.

Obviously testing at home is not the same as out in the field..or beach in my case but it does concern me that the machine is behaving like this with no signals present.

I have altered the frequency by the way so there is no interference from anything close by.

What really worries me is I had almost the exact same problems with two X10's and had to return them for a refund. First one apparently it was the coil and the second a problem with the software.

Anyone else had similar issues with the Q40?

Really want to like this machine but my confidence is not high at the moment :(

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”