XPointer Pinpointer

Deteknix Metal Detectors Forum
Only topics related to Deteknix metal detectors and accessories here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
ju.mobile

XPointer Pinpointer

Post by ju.mobile » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi Simon,

I replaced my Garrett with the XPointer. I'm really impressed with it and in regards to performance, they like to eat batteries but using rechargeable will keep it happy and have had 3 - 4 + full days on a single charge.

Kind Regards

Ju

ju.mobile

Re: X point pinpointer

Post by ju.mobile » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 pm

BTW!

I filled the speaker hole and sealed around the light with a small amount of silicon sealant.
The speakers still plenty loud enough and its quick and easy to clean, just chuck it under the tap ;o)

Kind Regards

Ju

ju.mobile

Post by ju.mobile » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi Simon,

My Xpointer stands up to a dunking with the additional barrier provider by the silicon sealant. Longer term the silicon gets weak around the light and therefore I replace it once in a while

Cheers

Ju

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Had one a couple of years ago. Good for the price, no falsing ...but mine was eating batteries at a silly rate and it also didn't like sounding off on foil for some strange reason.
Sov GT
T2 Dst

jeap

Re: XPoint Pinpointer

Post by jeap » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 am

I purchased one at the beginning of this year and agree with the eating batteries comment - what rechargeable brand are you using ju.mobile? Also has the same issue with not picking up foil - even when i rub the foil along the pointer it still manages to not pick up properly. Overall I'm happy with it.

ju.mobile

Post by ju.mobile » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi,

Use Varta Accu 200Mah NiMh in my pointer. ::g

Just tried the foil test. . . >SPEECHLESS< x; Might need t consider an alternative, will have a play with the settings to see if that has any impact.

However, beyond my new found love of my XPointer which could have me baffled or bypassing foil its pretty good at the price point.

Kind Regards

Ju

ju.mobile

Post by ju.mobile » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Well,

Just tested with varying settings on the XPointer - defo cant see foil for toffee. ;;z
Interestingly, Garrett II was not much better either. ;;z

I cant justify £100+ quid for a wireless Ferrari that finds foil!!! But, I might get tempted if/when the XPointer breaks. Just need the 3D X-Ray glasses to go with it: &*(

Kind Regards

Ju

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Foil is Technically a good target as its none-ferrous and normally made from aluminium.
Cheers
mrix

jeap

Re: XPointer Pinpointer

Post by jeap » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Thank Ju, will make a purchase of the battery when I've worked my way through the non-chargeables.

Return to “Deteknix Metal Detectors Forum”