Well, that didn't last long.

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
ITguyx64

Well, that didn't last long.

Post by ITguyx64 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:41 pm

First of all, I really enjoy reading this forum and learning of all the fantastic finds being made in the UK. Such a rich history there compared to the US and some of the discoveries I see being made are beyond amazing. I would love to someday visit there and detect alongside some of you.

Now to less than happy news. My new Q40 has failed, quite miserably at that. It suddenly one day just went nuts, as if it lost its mind entirely. No combination of setting adjustments would bring it into a steady and consistent state of operation and I became quite frustrated with it. The LCD screen would at random, just start flashing in all sorts of manner that made no sense at all. I tried everything I could think of, even factory resets to no avail.

After speaking with my distributor, it was readily agreed upon to ship it back for a replacement or a refund as the belief is that it’s defective. They have it now and I’ve opted for the refund. Strongly considering giving it another go with another one but I’m kind of hesitant at the moment. In the meantime, I have my Fisher and Whites detectors to get by with until I decide if I want to try the Q40 again. When it worked, it worked great. Just have to think about this a little while.

lonecoiler

Re: Well, that didn't last long.

Post by lonecoiler » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:05 pm

Sounds like you got a Monday morning machine. Probably just bad luck. Fingers crossed your next detector works well and gives you lots of finds. :;@
Garrett Ace 250 with NEL Tornado coil.
C.Scope CS4PI

So many fields, so few permissions

fred

Post by fred » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:10 pm

As with all detector faults, particularly when it doesn't work (as opposed to something just physically broken) it is the dent to the confidence that is the problem. You forever wonder if a replacement is actually working properly and if it is suddenly going to fail. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Personally I think I would have waited to see what the manufacturer diagnosed the fault as. Because now you are none the wiser.
I have seen people happily using this model for quite a while and one faulty machine isn't going to negate that. Every day or so on here there are folks reporting problems of one sort and another with all brands of detectors. I had a problem with a Tesoro once. Got it fixed. No problem. Didn't put me off. Just as well, I found my first hammered gold with it a few weeks later.
Seems a pity to give up on a machine you feel at home with.
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

dreadnought

Post by dreadnought » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:08 pm

you definitely just got a duff one, whilst they do have their little foibles as ALL machines do, they are a stunningly good bit of kit for the price, ive had mine for two years and its still going fine, cannot sing the praises of the Q40 enough,
itll find airgun pellets at 6" (not always a good thing lol) and if you walk over it the Q40 will find it.
ive now become a golden mask convert, BUT ill never get rid of my quest. my son now uses it and he loves it aswell, hell...… even my wife uses it on occasion, and finds stuff - more than me on the last outing.

don't give up on it,
garret 400i ::g
Quest Q40, awesome machine, never sell it, now the boys :: ::g
Kruzer…………. disappointing, sold ;;z

GP pointer, 3 years and still going, now the boys. ::g
Nokta pointer, best there is ::g

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”