Q40 Help

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
Smair1981

Q40 Help

Post by Smair1981 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:43 pm

so im pretty new to detecting. I started with a Garett 250 which was fine but felt i wanted more from a machine so i purchased the q40. I love the machine but am confused on what setting are best to optimize the results. I currently am using jewelry mode sensitivity 80 f5 whatever that is and 3 tones any tips as im at a rally this weekend which is cultivated farm land any help would be appreciated.

kenleyboy

Re: Q40 Help

Post by kenleyboy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Smair1981 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:43 pm
so im pretty new to detecting. I started with a Garett 250 which was fine but felt i wanted more from a machine so i purchased the q40. I love the machine but am confused on what setting are best to optimize the results. I currently am using jewelry mode sensitivity 80 f5 whatever that is and 3 tones any tips as im at a rally this weekend which is cultivated farm land any help would be appreciated.

I also have the Q40 and after playing around with the machine and finding what suits me I now stick to jewellery mode with sensitivity 70 - 75 , I rarely go much higher than this as far as sensitivity is concerned .I have had the machine for well over a year now and it is finding some great stuff and for the money , not a bad all rounder .
Your tones are a personal matter , choose which one that will suits your ears and f5 I would imagine is your fesen , I use the Q40 with the fesen switched off .

Another good source of information is to have a look at You Tube and track down Mud Max who does a great tutorial on all the tones , sensitivity etc on the Q40 and why he switches fesen mode off !
I would recommend his video for a more in depth look at how to get the best out of a great little machine .
I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

Smair1981

Re: Q40 Help

Post by Smair1981 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Thanks for the advice ill check his channel out.

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”