Quest probe and digger blade leg holster 1st time out

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
Junior

Quest probe and digger blade leg holster 1st time out

Post by Junior » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm

1st time out ... chrimbo present .... on meadow strapped to my leg superb...attached to trousers belt.....had the the ML sheath and digger for yrs looks very much same as the quest diamond digger....positioning on leg fine for pinpointer and digging blade ... initially i thought geeat bit of kit then looked down at it .... had used the digger a few times just slidding in and out of the sheath fine or so i thought ..... id cut about a third done the sheath with the blade ! Smart...same sort of digger with serations on side.... poor show.... pulled it off holster in temper when at home least velco woz brilliant ....going to try and fit original Ml sheath to leg holster... ;;z could just b me heavy handed ? I don't have a lot of luck with stuff!

Resurgam

Re: Quest probe and digger blade leg holster 1st time out

Post by Resurgam » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Any progress m8?
Garrett ProPointer + MineLab Safari + Quest Q40, and loads of determination.

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Junior wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm
1st time out ... chrimbo present .... on meadow strapped to my leg superb...attached to trousers belt.....had the the ML sheath and digger for yrs looks very much same as the quest diamond digger....positioning on leg fine for pinpointer and digging blade ... initially i thought geeat bit of kit then looked down at it .... had used the digger a few times just slidding in and out of the sheath fine or so i thought ..... id cut about a third done the sheath with the blade ! Smart...same sort of digger with serations on side.... poor show.... pulled it off holster in temper when at home least velco woz brilliant ....going to try and fit original Ml sheath to leg holster... ;;z could just b me heavy handed ? I don't have a lot of luck with stuff!
I am pondering what sheath to get for a Evo Extreme I have not long bought...I was looking at the Quest, but I am leaning towards something DIY, based around a liner formed from plastic pipe...The 2"/50mm plastic pipe used for underground ducting would be ideal if I can get a suitably offcut...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:01 am

Moved the quest Velcro over to the ML sheath and ct1 adhesived and stapled it to it ...so far so good... I'll only use it on meadow so maybe a while before it's next outing .... plastic pipe a good idea if you'r a bit handy with the saw and say a multi tool or similar
would prob b more durable than my offering , I used to have the ML sheath for the knife on my finds pouch belt and it kept slìping around the back of me, which is a pain ,As I normally wear light weight leggings and top and would be a pain on the trousers belt and would be partly covered by the packamac type top .... I woz going to slow it up and hopefully hold it in place with tieraps but I don't like it on the finds belt if I'm not using it.....I tend not to use it on stubble and only take it out on grass cheers ::g

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”