The Quest Metal Detector

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
Simonrocco12

The Quest Metal Detector

Post by Simonrocco12 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:55 am

What's everyone's thoughts on this machine

Koala

Re: The Quest metal detector

Post by Koala » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Sill going ?

Originally sold by Deteknix

Who got sued by Fisher because it uses the same software as in the T2.

Deteknix agreed not to sell it. Looks like a company name change to me.

http://md-hunter.com/deteknix-is-gone-j ... ompetitor/

tcawood

Re: The quest metal detector

Post by tcawood » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Not sure they sell the Pro anymore... can't find it on their website but they do have two new models coming out...

https://www.deteknix.com/product-category/quest/

I think the Q40 looks pretty decent but details and reviews are limited at the moment.
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer
YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzAgpy ... OC5T1QRZCg

mrix
Founder

Re: The quest Pro metal detector

Post by mrix » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello all, I have taken a look at both Quest Q20 and Q40 models, for the price range the quality looks very good, they both have an ip66 rating which means they do not have dust ingress and will hold out well in most wet weather conditions, in my mind with this rating the build quality must be good ::g B-)
I created a small video of both machines around 3 weeks ago but contracted the measles and have not been too well :(
I`ll try and get the video up on Youtube later today ::g
Cheers all
mrix

Mud Max

Re: The quest metal detector

Post by Mud Max » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:05 pm

The launch of the Quest Pro was a bit like the Titanic. After much whispering and chatter it boldly set off and ran straight into an iceberg. Legal rows with Fisher, and a very negative review on You Tube and all of a sudden it was taking on water. Mud sticks, and pretty soon the general opinion (rightly or wrongly) seemed to be that it was a badly made copy. There's a gent on You Tube called "Max Depth" and I think he uses the original Quest Pro, and he seems happy enough.

If the new Q40 can perform then it could literally take the market by storm. It is light, wireless, lithium rechargeable batteries, and with a telescopic shaft (sounds familiar) and it's waterproof. That's a lot of modern desirable design for £400.00 !!

But can it perform? Even if the performance is average then it will make many people on a budget very happy, considering the ease of use in the design. But if the performance is above average, then they could start flying off the shelves at that price. We'll see.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Garrett 400i + Nel Tornado coil

Jedi Master button finder

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Look forward to seeing the video(s) mrix...

mud max - agree spec looks great for £400, but proof of the pudding an all that ::g
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 am

Hi mrix... where do I find your videos on Youtube?

Look forward to seeing the Q20/40 ones.
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

CornishCarlos

Re: The Quest Pro metal detector

Post by CornishCarlos » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:45 am

Big disappointment that this isn't fully submersible like the AT Pro...
Would definitely be a major seller at that price if it was ::g
I'm interested though...
Buy a duck today and start living the dream x;

dreadnought

Post by dreadnought » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm

im waiting for more reviews, the q40 looks good.
garret 400i "old faithfull" ::g
Quest Q40, The "coin hoover" awesome machine. ::g
gp pinpointer, working perfect even after a lot of abuse ::g still working after even more abuse, £37 from fleabay, cant go wrong ::g

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:24 pm

tcawood wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 am
Hi mrix... where do I find your videos on Youtube? .....
app.php/video

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:36 pm

I have a small number of Quest 40 and Quest 20 turning up any day at Detectorbits. For a short while they will be the only ones available for sale in the UK because the initial production run has already sold out just to dealers in Holland, I was lucky to grab 5 of each model.
There will be a large shipment of both models plus the Quest Pro in a shipping container coming from China in the next few weeks. Later on there will be a Quest Diver joining the line up.

Detectorbits will be at the large Detectival Rally mid September where we will be hopefully showing all the models available from Quest.

To put the record straight for those who like to know these things, Teknetics / First Texas did take Deteknix to court in California but couldnt prove that Deteknix had copied anything of theirs so the case was dropped. To foster goodwill they asked that the name of Deteknix was changed because they said it was too near their own company name, hence the name change to Quest Metal detectors which personally I think is better.

The Q40 has wireless headphones and an IP66 weatherproof rating, The Q20 is rated to IP66 weatherproof but just comes with a cheap wired set of headphones. Both these detectors are very well made and are pitched at a good price to sell. When I have stock arrive they will be on the MDF Shop site for sale.

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks Tony - extra info is really helpful!

Details are still scarce, there only seems to be their own commercial on Youtube etc, you wouldn't have the manuals or extra info in PDF?

Tx

Tony
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Sorry Tony... also... do you have any info on the Pro, that's not even showing on their website at the mo (or is it the one they had out before?)
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

sanjuro

Re: The Quest Pro metal detector

Post by sanjuro » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Here's a notice First Texas put on their Facebook page

To all Fisher and Teknetics Sales Agents, First Texas Products has dismissed its lawsuit against Deteknix after the two companies entered into a Confidential Settlement Agreement
Deteknix acknowledges that FTP owns the T2 software and agrees to the validity and enforceability of First Texas copyrights in its software code.

Deteknix has agreed not to infringe any First Texas copyrighted software code in current and future products.
Deteknix will take reasonable steps to ensure that their agents, servants, officers, directors, employees, successors, and attorneys do not violate the terms of our agreement.

This is great news that we were able to come to such terms. And, after a quick perusal of the Deteknix website it appears they have abandoned the Deteknix name brand.

In light of this, we will soon be rewriting our distributor agreement. This agreement will take a dim view of counterfeit reselling, and include strong deterrents against infringers. We ask that each of you look closely at your product offering and make sure that you are not selling any company’s products that infringe the copyrights of any metal detector manufacturer.

Best Regards,

Timothy Mallory
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
First Texas Products
1465 Henry Brennan
El Paso, TX 79936

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Tony Hunt wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:36 pm
I have a small number of Quest 40 and Quest 20 turning up any day at Detectorbits. For a short while they will be the only ones available for sale in the UK because the initial production run has already sold out just to dealers in Holland, I was lucky to grab 5 of each model.
There will be a large shipment of both models plus the Quest Pro in a shipping container coming from China in the next few weeks. Later on there will be a Quest Diver joining the line up.

Detectorbits will be at the large Detectival Rally mid September where we will be hopefully showing all the models available from Quest.

To put the record straight for those who like to know these things, Teknetics / First Texas did take Deteknix to court in California but couldnt prove that Deteknix had copied anything of theirs so the case was dropped. To foster goodwill they asked that the name of Deteknix was changed because they said it was too near their own company name, hence the name change to Quest Metal detectors which personally I think is better.

The Q40 is going to give detectors like the Garrett 400 a run for its money coming loaded as it is with wireless headphones and an IP66 weatherproof rating, its also a little cheaper. The Q20 is rated to IP65 weatherproof but just comes with a cheap wired set of headphones. Both these detectors are very well made and are pitched at a good price to sell. If anybody wants any more info then please get in touch. When I have stock arrive they will be on the MDF forums Auction site for sale.

Apologies if I have this wrong but I thought the Q40 was going to be £400.00 whereas the 400i is around £340.00. Given the features I was hoping the Q40 would punch higher than competing with the Aces and such like, possibly scare a few of the higher priced units?
Xp Deus 11" coil

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Guess it won't be easy to compare against the 400, AT Pro, Racer etc until some Q40s are fully reviewed...

BUT, from the info available I'd say the Q40 is at a higher frequency, has wireless headphones as standard, has 6(?) modes... all higher spec than the 400i?

EDIT - Forgot, it has a built in battery that's USB charged, and doesn't need rain covers due to IP66(?) rating.

Look forward to seeing some in depth reviews, videos etc...
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am

Audio, unmasking, recovery, depth. I think the usual questions will be asked of this machine and it's success will depend on how well it answers them. That said, for some people who just want a metal detector, this is a very user friendly package for the price.
Xp Deus 11" coil

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Agree Max, I look forward to the first set of in depth reviews, wherever they emerge from!
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Not the Pro though, they have the Q40 and Q20
Rutus Alter71
Chinese Pinpointer

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am

The Quest Q20 and Quest Q40 are now available on the MDF Shop supplied with the standard coil or the bigger Raptor coil by visiting the listing below.....

Discount codes are available to MDF forum members purchasing Only from the MDF Shop at the links below.

Direct listing here, QUEST Q40 Detector - 9.5" x 5" Blade coil

Direct listing here, QUEST Q20 - 9.5 x 5" Blade Coil.

Direct listing here, QUEST Q40 Detector - 11" x 9.5" Raptor coil.

Direct listing here, QUEST Q40 Detector Combo pack inc two coils, finds pouch & cap

The Discount code is MDF8890 Just apply at checkout stage.

mrix

Return to “Quest Forum, Formerly Known as Deteknix”