Garrett Ace 300i

Garrett Ace 300i Metal detector Topics Only.
cornwalldavid

Garrett Ace 300i

Post by cornwalldavid » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:38 pm

I have been having a play with the new Garrett Ace 300I over the last couple of days. I have tried it on the beach and in a heavily iron contaminated field.

I have made a couple of videos. On the beach it was as expected great on dry sand, but also was relatively stable on the wet sand as well.

In the iron field I tried the zero discrimination mode with iron grunt. There are no fantastic finds in either video, but it seems to handle well in a variety of conditions. Still early days but I think this will be a very good starter machine.

Both videos are filmed and edited on my phone so dont expect too much lol....also I babble on a bit :-)

[youtube]zeeu1WAxg2U[/youtube]

[youtube]oKDBE_GzCfg[/youtube]

mrix
Founder

Re: Garrett Ace 300i

Post by mrix » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Interesting beach video David, nice to see the ACE300i was manageable on that wet sand ::g
Thanks
mrix

cornwalldavid

Post by cornwalldavid » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks. It became erratic once you got down to the really saturated sand near the low tide. I was surprised how well it coped though.

Richard Bennett

Post by Richard Bennett » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:30 am

cornwalldavid wrote:Thanks. It became erratic once you got down to the really saturated sand near the low tide. I was :-L surprised how well it coped though.
Hi cornwalldave have you tried droping your frequency setting down to F1 i find it works great on the wet sand over my local beach it will still false when touching the water though.
Rich

Return to “Garrett ACE 300i Forum”