What's your reviews on the garret 300i

Garrett Ace 300i Metal detector Topics Only.

What's your reviews on the garret 300i

Post by Metalfinds123 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm

What's your thoughts on the garret 300i

Re: What's your reviews on the garret 300i

Post by Dakaras » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Had mine a month now and I love it, got it over the 250 for the numbers as well as sounds.

Ive found coins down to 6 inches maybe a bit deeper, you soon recognise when a signal is solid, often junk shows as 25 then 85 then 2 then 99. But of the target is solid even if the reading is say 40 to 45 if its consistant then its worth a dig.

The pinpoint feature is spot on with smaller targets, the only thing ive found and this is me not the machine is sometimes Ive pinpointed a rusty old nail instead of my target becuase as far as the feature is concerned thats the stronger metal signature.

It will pick up very small targets depth depending ive dug spent .22 bullets, copper cores from centrefire rifles and sometimes very small random bits of fine copper wire.

I was convinced by the chap in the shop the extra features were worth the extra cash and Ive not been disappointed.

Post by sanjuro » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Two brothers in our club have been making some great finds with theirs including hammereds and gold.

Post by Dodo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:12 pm

it is good for the money that it costs. Tho i only had it for 3 weeks now i really love it.
found a 1cm x1 cm piece of lead nearly 15cm depth with the pinpoint spot on.
Only problems:
1. depth accuracy when normal(not pinpoint) not so accurate. Showed me 15cm depth and it was like 6-7cm.
2. if there are 2 materials one near other in the ground will get the most powerfull signal usual iron. So its worth waiving the detector once more after you got one material out from ground.
3. if you go on the beach don't go on really saturated sand it will go wild. On dry sand brilliant (got 27£ on Camber sands in half hour).

if you can live with that it will be a fantastic machine and you will enjoy it like i do.

hope this helps. ::g

Post by Digiffys » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Ive never had a garret detector but been through a few pointers and currently have a carrot which is superb,from the years of reading reviews and findings of the garret machines I think its pretty clear they make a decent machine which is gona find you loads of stuff regardless of the model. Good luck ::g ps ive never read of anyone slating a garret metal detector!
History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

Post by thefiggis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:19 am

The depth indicator can be a little haphazard, but the coil doesn't know what size of target it's looking at. A small object at 2" will give the same depth reading as a large one at, say, 6". For example, last week I hit a target reading at 6" depth but the 'double ding' told me it had to be shallower than that and sure enough it was a Roman minim just below the surface.

I generally look at the indicator to give me a rough guide and dig my plugs the same depth anyway.

Post by Simonrocco12 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 am

Iv had my 300i since may and I think it's a brilliant piece of kit iv found bronze age axe heads, gold rings, and silver hammereds, Roman coins and relics and loads of penny's and also my fair share of junk which is expected I have just recently upgraded my coil from the standard coil to the 8.5"x11" inch dd coil and I'm finding it a lot better than the standard coil I'm getting a little bit deeper with it and I think it helps to pick out good targets where there is loads of rubbish for example I was on a field the other day and I was getting good signals but also with an iron grunt so dug the signal and it turned out to be a coin but there was also iron in the hole this happened about 4 or 5 times now with the standard coil on any time I dug similar signals it would turn out to be big iron. I would highly recommend the Garrett 300i the only fault with it and all the ace range is its not waterproof but other than that it's a good machine

Return to “Garrett ACE 300i Forum”