Hello from a new 400i user!

Garrett Ace 400i Metal detector Topics Only.
vvgooding

Hello from a new 400i user!

Post by vvgooding » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Hello all,

I've just upgraded from the 250 to the 400i--a wonderful anniversary present from my husband for our 10th. It's even better for the fact that we now have two detectors, and he can come out detecting with me!

I'm still getting to grips with the changes, and I can't wait to take it for a spin. Have just been out in my garden (in the cold and damp) and managed to dig up some junk that my old detector couldn't reach, so it looks like we're off to a good start!

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you dig up.

Garrett 400i with DD PROformance Coil
Garrett Carrot

Chris55bc

Re: Hello from a new 400i user!

Post by Chris55bc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi , i've been looking at purchasing a 300 or 400i, but need to look into it a deeper to see if the price to performance tally up. Great to hear its something you and your partner have shared interest in and get to experience it together and wish you both the best of luck.

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 pm

The 400i was my first upgrade (from a Chinese generic Hokey-Cokey 2000 which I got from a Christmas cracker). Belter of a machine which found me heaps of stuff and I'd recommend it to anyone. It's got great capability, is easy to use, and I'm sure you'll have a ball with it.

Her Ladyship has is now that I have my Deus but I still love giving it a run out every now and then.

Look forward to seeing what it turns up for you.
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Firsty

Post by Firsty » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:03 am

Hi, I've had the 400 for a couple of years after getting back into detecting, i had a cscope from the 80s previously. I originally thought I'd upgrade soon after but I've found so much with it I can't bring myself to change! It's so easy to use and you'll be surprised how deep it goes if you can get the sensitivity all the way up. I find it much more reliable in the countryside rather than the beach as it goes mental anywhere near wet sand! Enjoy!

Return to “Garrett ACE 400i Forum”