I've joined the Garrett Ranks.

Garrett Ace 400i Metal detector Topics Only.
littlehove

I've joined the Garrett Ranks.

Post by littlehove » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:47 am

A few days ago my Bounty Hunter LRP decided that it wasn't going to work any more. Although I'd had it for over a month, Amazon were very good about accepting a return.

Now whilst I had had a few reasonable sessions with the LRP and I don't doubt it's capabilities, I had seen quite a few videos and read a lot about other brands and I took the decision to change brands. I have plumped for a Garrett ACE 400i. I'm thinking that this is a very slight upgrade for me (and about all I can afford :) ). There is also the fact that there is so much more help out there for Garrett users in the UK.

I've put it together and scanned my lawn and am looking forward to getting out with it this weekend for a few hours on my permission. I have to say that at first glance, it's discrimination and it's pinpointing capabilities look particularly good.

Also, the Iron Audio feature looks interesting. Do many of you 400i users us this feature much?

Muddyknee

Re: I've joined the Garrett Ranks.

Post by Muddyknee » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:52 am

I always scan iffy targets with the iron audio,very useful feature.
Though don't ignore the targets that give weak iron audio tones,might not necessarily be ferrous.
Some peeps run with it switched on all the time,I love my ears too much for that.......😎
People don't change when they see the light.....
......they only change when they feel the heat.
Garrett Ace 400i
Nel Tornado
NCMD No 19622

LloydF

Post by LloydF » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Welcome to the 400i club! I've been hugely impressed with mine so far!

I switch iron audio on the double check a good target if there is a slight jumping..... Then end up digging it anyway! Most are usually tin foil, but one or two times where a nail is next to something better! Really useful for learning signals etc!
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT

Dave The Slave

Post by Dave The Slave » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Welcome to the 400i club.
Have had the 400i for virtually 3 years but since the 1st couple of outings have run it without Iron Audio off due to earache and time constraints. If I can get on same permission this season ,intending to try an area in all metal, no discrim and Audio on as a test.
Normal set up Audio off, Custom Mode, 2 off Max Sensitivity and discrim below 60, also the same set up on dry sand.
Good Luck, ::g
Dave.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

littlehove

Post by littlehove » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks very much for the replies chaps. All very encouraging :)

Firsty

Post by Firsty » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:08 pm

You'll find some good bits with the 400i easy to set up and detects deeper than I thought it would. Just keep it away from the wet sand as it goes crazy! Much better on the fields.

littlehove

Post by littlehove » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 pm

Thanks for your input Andy. :)

littlehove

Post by littlehove » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Well I've just had a quick 30 minute whizz and I am mightily impressed with it. I found two old style £1 coins, a 20p, a 5p and two new style pennies. The pinpointing was spot on. I'm very pleased and looking forward to longer sessions with it.

steve r

Post by steve r » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:42 pm

I love my 400i, It's easy to use and that's the main thing for me, The IA is a great feature as well. Don't be put off of wet sand or water either, It's just a matter of finding the settings that suit you. I use custom and have 2 notches down on the sensitivity and notch out everything below 70 on the discrim, and bang the IA on. works fine on the beach and in the water. But remember the control box is not water proof, but the coil is. Happy hunting mate ::g
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, what a trip!

Garrett 400i, Pro pointer AT,

Return to “Garrett ACE 400i Forum”