Iron audio high tones

Garrett Ace 400i Metal detector Topics Only.
LloydF

Iron audio high tones

Post by LloydF » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Had an interesting issue yesterday, about half way through the session the iron audio changed from the usual "crackling" and started to emit high pitched tones where the crackling should be. (numbers still reading as 1-9)

Has anyone else had this? I haven't done a reset on the machine yet! Batteries were only 1 notch off full.

Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT

Blackadder43
Admin

Re: Iron audio high tones

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:41 pm

As a general rule of thumb this will turn out to be either (general too not machine specific)
Large iron
Round or pointed iron
Sometimes and where your ears come in it is sometimes a good find next to an iron find and the signals appearing merged

But if you mean it literally changed completely then maybe a reset or someone to look at your machine would be in order
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

amphora

Re: Iron audio high tones

Post by amphora » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Well forged iron gives high tones between the iron tones.
I always dig for those as those are made on purpose by a blacksmith, and that way i've found very nice finds. Think about axes and so on.

Cast iron also gives sometimes high tones. That's less interesting, but I take that for granted to find those forged ones.
Good luck hunting.
Disclaimer: If i give advices i talk from my personal perspective, and it is not to copy 1 on 1. I rely on everyone’s common sense. Everyone has to think himself about implementing it for himself and to consider legal circumstances.

Return to “Garrett ACE 400i Forum”