Nel coils

Garrett Ace 400i Metal detector Topics Only.
LloydF

Nel coils

Post by LloydF »

I get that it would be beneficial to upgrade to a Nel coil from say a 250/300i to gain the benefits of a double d coil, and the extra coverage of a larger coil. But, does anyone have experience of whether the nel's are a significant improvement over the 400i standard coil? Size difference is minimal (Tornado) and both are DD coils.

Thanks in advance!

Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT
Simplex+

przemo1302

Re: Nel coils

Post by przemo1302 »

Hello,
My wife had before ace 250 with Nel Hunter. In my opinion it was simillar to 400i with standard coil - I mean mainly the deep. Now she has got Nel Big. It is huge different between standard coil but it is BIG and heavy. What I like with Nel coils is that they are well made, sturdy and got protection cap for cable plug.
If I would have to choose to buy new 400i coil or Nel Hunter I would go for Nel - cheaper. Tornado near the same price as standard ace.

Went last time with friend and gave him for try wife's SEF coil for his euroace and he was happy with it but not happy with weight hahaha. Bigger coil = more pain in hand.
Minelab Xterra 705 + CC 9" 7,5Khz + DD 10,5" 7,5Khz + DD 10"x5" 18,75Khz + 15" DD 18,75kHz
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Wife's set:
Garrett AT MAX
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Z-lynk

LloydF

Post by LloydF »

Sorry, I have a 400i already, I meant is it worth upgrading this coil to a Nel or will the difference be so small it wouldn't be noticeable? I was just saying I understand there would be lots of benefits upgrading a 250, was just wondering if it would be worth it with the 400i
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT
Simplex+

detecting rod

Post by detecting rod »

im about to buy a nel tornado coil for my 300i ,been told huge difference ,might be worth asking regtons for advice so far they have seemed very honest with info they have given me

Return to “Garrett ACE 400i Forum”