Which one ?

Only topics related to Viking metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
Steve1080123

Which one ?

Post by Steve1080123 »

Hi any viking owners of the vk20/vk30 or vk 40 are these any good just had a look at the reviews and suprised that they have a beach mode would be ideal for the mrs as she loves detecting on the beach and im sure as hell not letting her loose with my sovereign gt they seem reasonable for the money on paper anyway cheers 

Sovereign GT detech ultimate coil

grumpyjohn

Re: Which one ?

Post by grumpyjohn »

Never used a Viking myself but have heard they are good value for the money plus they are made in the U.K. Viking are a small company who obviously don't get the coverage or publicity the big boys get!! One thing though many detectors have a beach mode but operating on a wet beach is a different ball game.Whereas most machines are fine on the dry sand to work on wet the sens. has to be turned right down to stop falsing with most of them despite what they claim!
Good luck with whatever machine you decide on.
Better to live a rich life and die poor than live a poor life and die rich

Steve1080123

Post by Steve1080123 »

Yeh thanks grumpjohn im assuming that any detector will work on dry sand
but surely if a machine has a beach setting it means its for the wet sand my
mate can even user his hawkeye on the dry but never can go near
the wet sand on machines at this price its fairly unusual to find a beach switch
Sovereign GT detech ultimate coil

dolph

Post by dolph »

I just sold a vk40 and they are great dry sand machine but no good on wet. For me your better off getting a sov xs2a pro or elite second hand as you know yourself how good they are

Dolph
Started 9/6/2010
XP Goldmax Power x2 / XP Gmaxx2
Whites PI / Minelab Sovereign GT

Return to “Viking Forum”