strange beeps

Only topics related to Viking metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
Phillybob

strange beeps

Post by Phillybob » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I wonder if anyone can help.. went using my new detector for first time on the beach to try it out.

found a few bits and the odd pound coin, but what was doing my head in was every now and again it was beeping when sweeping from left to right, but nothing from right to left. is this a find because I never found anything? or am I doing something wrong.

also does anyone know a good place for how to setup and what the setting do differently as the instruction that come with it and very vague..

many thanks

Phil Reed

Machinist

Re: strange beeps

Post by Machinist » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum.

Were you detecting near a sea wall or sea defences ? They often contain steel reinforcing that would cause this effect.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Phillybob

Re: strange beeps

Post by Phillybob » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:01 pm

it was just at the edge to be honest.. im still trying to find someway of understanding the full features of the vk40 so to tweak it for better results. we also found a bullet on the beach.. very old as had some coral growing on it. it was just so strange as I got a reading going in one direction and not the other over the same spot.. we put the bullet down and it beeped on that going both ways.. I also found that lots of shail or shells mad the detection less accurate, but it started to rain by then.. just wanted to find out more before I go again and to explain its funny beeping..

thanks

Return to “Viking Forum”