Viking vk6 or vk10 ?

Only topics related to Viking metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
Chris1308

Viking vk6 or vk10 ?

Post by Chris1308 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 am

Hi I`m new to metal detecting, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if its worth buying the Viking vk10 over the vk 6
Thanks Chris ::g

john Colin

Re: Viking vk6 or vk10 ?

Post by john Colin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 am

Hi Chris and welcome aboard, I have not used ether of the detectors you have mentioned but I am sure someone will be along to give you advice. Make sure you have somewhere to use your detector as all land belongs to someone and permission must be granted. Many have not thought this through and end up selling their detector on.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
JC

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Chris1308 wrote:Hi I`m new to metal detecting, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if its worth buying the Viking vk10 over the vk 6
Thanks Chris ::g
Hello 'Chris1308' and welcome aboard the forums ::g
If I remember correctly, the Viking series originated from the 'Sol Invictus' brand in the 1970s and the fact that they have competed successfully for some 40 years, is an indication of their popularity, reliability and capability within this hobby. As with ALL detectors, It usually comes down to personal choice depending upon the features offered, versus the features actually needed!!

My view in such comparisons, is there is rarely any discernible difference in actual performance or ability, but in some cases, a few extra features will allow adjustments which the operator considers essential to make detecting a better experience. An example would be a 'Manual Ground Balance Control' otherwise it may simply provide the operator with a little more operating confidence knowing it cost XX instead of x.

In the end, the choice is a personal one Chris, but be assured that whichever model you choose, you will find it to be a reliable performer capable of making good finds ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Koala

Post by Koala » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Can't really help

VK6 is a useful tool to add to any arsenal. Being a unusual no motion discriminating detector.

Take a look at this video channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQb51kN-3No

Should be great near trees and in streams

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:34 am

The two machines you are considering are completely different types of detector.
The Viking 6 is a non motion , and the Viking 10 is a motion machine.
Both systems have their merits.
To explain the differences check out this link on the viking website.
http://www.metaldetectors.co.uk/faq.php?q_id=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck with your decision.

Return to “Viking Forum”