Re: Viking ? Rimatron ? or something else?

Only topics related to Viking metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
tommy78

Post by tommy78 »

Found this what seemed to be a Viking md but it has the makers name Rimatron, now its quite an old machine and I was wondering if it an old viking with a different name or its a cheap copy just using the viking name, The writing on the md says Viking 6d does this ring any bells with anyone?
Last edited by tommy78 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueboy

Re: Viking ? Rimatron ?

Post by Blueboy »

Rimatron was the makers of early Viking machines. Never owned one but heard they are pretty good given their price.

tommy78

Post by tommy78 »

Cheers Blueboy I may have a pop at this one there's an old white's coinmaster, garret coin commander and an old c-scope cs2m too which all should be around the same price!

What would you say would be the best buy?

Cheers Tommy

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER »

got an old viking 5 in the shed, I picked it up off a carboot a while back, trouble is the two dials have no markings so I don't have much of an idea how to set it up properly,
MINELAB SAFARI & RUTUS ALTER 71 teamed up with DETEKNIX WIRELESS HEADPHONES

tommy78

Post by tommy78 »

Thats a bit different to the one i'm looking at where the control is on yours there's a meter on it its the series two model,

The two controls on the front one is discrimination the other i can only make out the word off which I'm guessing is the tuning control

Although your guess is as good as mine which way round they are on yours, hope you dont mind me asking but how much did you give for it a the car boot this ones now going just over £50 and I'm not to sure if its worth it

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER »

hello there, did you say the one you were looking at was a viking 6, mine is a viking 5 series 2 ,I would imagine they are pretty similar machines with yours having the meter facility, belive it or not I only paid a fiver for mine but they do seem to make around £35-£50 on the bay. I'll have to have a dig about on the net and see if I can come up with some instructions, I don't think there is any discrimination on these so I assume one dial is for on/off and course tuning and the other for fine tuning not sure though, would be interesting to see how performance compares with my safari.........Mark

tommy78

Post by tommy78 »

Ah yeah sorry my mistake I'm getting MD blindness now I've looked at so many!

I didnt think it would be this confusing to find a cheap detector so many different things to consider I might pop the local car boot tomorrow just incase ;) you never know I might find a bargain or 2

Cheers Tom

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER »

definatley worth a look around the bootsales, just be wary of some of the machines that look good but are really toys, my mrs once bought herself one called a prospector something or other, would have had more chance finding metal if you just walked up the field and dug a hole every 5 feet,

tommy78

Post by tommy78 »

Return to “Viking Forum”