Viking Wasp

Only topics related to Viking metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
Wessexlad

Viking Wasp

Post by Wessexlad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Someone on Gumtree is selling one of these brand new for £40, is it worth the money or is it just a cheap entry level machine?

You know you've got a weight problem when you put down a bag of salad at the self-service and the voice says "Unexpected item in bagging area".

Mega B

Re: Viking Wasp

Post by Mega B » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Excuse the pun but you could get stung with the Viking Wasp,its not in theory a detector as such that you would use for everyday detecting as its a commercial cheap detector for locating water pipes,man hole cover and the like.Would i buy it ?? i doubt it very much probably someone has bought it thinking its the same as other metal detectors.

Here is a link for the spec on the Viking Wasp,try not to get stung.

http://www.metaldetectors.co.uk/wasp-in ... 16141.html

Timmy 64

Post by Timmy 64 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:22 pm

I had one used it on the beach . found 2 rings . good disc on iron .but for a first detector and cheap .you can not lose a lot if you don't like detecting.

Wessexlad

Post by Wessexlad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks guys, I think I'll give it a miss. Always worth checking these things though.
You know you've got a weight problem when you put down a bag of salad at the self-service and the voice says "Unexpected item in bagging area".

Return to “Viking Forum”