I D digital scale

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
MrLysol

I D digital scale

Post by MrLysol » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 pm

I don't know about you guys but I'm finding several finds coming in around the same numbers, especially when beach detecting, this is making the dig/no dig question really hard to decide. Bottle tops coming in around 13 is a real pain in the arse. Would it be a big job for Minelab to increase the digital id scale to say 1-100 in a future update ? This might make target identification a bit more accurate for us, or is that just wishful thinking ? Apologies in advance, I'm no expert :)

Nox 800 and new 'L' plates. The learning all starts again ! 😊
Garrett pinpoint probe ,

And bags of enthusiasm :-):D

Ghost

Re: I D digital scale

Post by Ghost » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:17 pm

If they made the scale 100, bottle caps would come in at 60, same as disirable targets .
Dosnt matter how many numbers are on the scale
You really need to contact the bottle cap company’s and talk them into using iron or cardboard tops :D

slowsweep

Post by slowsweep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 pm

you can spot bottle caps easily, sweep the target side to side while dragging the coil back until you you reach the end of the target at which point if its a bottle cap it will give an iron grunt, doesnt always work on new caps but any that have been there a while an have rusted it works 100%

dont start this c rap about "Dig dont Dig" if it sounds good dig every time.
Just dig it and put your mind at rest

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 pm

If in doubt, dig it! Target numbers may not be reliable on deep targets anyway. ::g
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6. %)=
White's TDI SL
White's DFX
White's Classic III SL

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:00 am

Yesterday on a new farm. Decided to try beside an ancient but still well-used footpath.

Tried both my E-Trac and GMP but still dug lots of bottle tops and ring-pull tabs. I take little or no notice of the screen numbers these days as they can be so misleading.

All the tops and tabs had good tones, even the suspect ones had that 'you had better dig me' element to them. That's how it is.
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”