Noxie Carbon shaft .

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
skythepig

Re: Noxie Carbon shaft .

Post by skythepig » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Thank you Atlanta. I have followed your design today and replaced the shaft on the Nox with a new carbon one.
It's a lot better as mine had started to feel a bit wobbly after not much use. Because the 1 metre carbon tube is longer than the two it replaces it means the bottom shaft sits further in the new tube and is far stronger and there is no sign or feeling of any wobble.
Thanks again for sharing the details of your design modification. ::g

XP Deus, a different ball game.
Equinox 800 still learning but getting there
Sovereign Elite
Bad Back and dodgy knees

diggerdan

Post by diggerdan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:37 pm

skythepig wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:44 pm
Katana Carbon also back in stock on Ebay:
eBay item number:121836196635
Drill those holes carefully ::g
Thank you Skythepig and Atlanta, ordered the shaft and clamp0, built it this morning all went well.

Love the look now instead of the stock shaft.

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm

atlanta7 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:46 pm
YES I USED THE STOCK STEM . But I wet and dried the stem as was a smidge tight sliding in and out with the quick realise cam lock .
Great to see some one has found a supplier for the 22/20 CF tube .
I bought some plugs off ebay only a couple of quid or you could put the one the stock stem .

Amazon £18.20 + $3.50 p&p

diggerdan

Post by diggerdan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:10 pm

With regards to the tight quick release clamp. I ordered the clamp 0 and found it tight also when tightened directly to the shaft.
It closes the diameter enough on the carbon to make the inner rod difficult to slide.
What I found worked was to add a couple of winds of black electrical tape to the shaft and tighten the clamp over the tape. This keeps the clamp from slipping on the smooth surface of the carbon finish and you therefore don’t have to over tighten the clap to stop it slipping, which in turn keeps the internal diameter correct.

This then allows the clamp to grip the lower shaft perfectly.

I then added a little fishing pole elastic lubricant to the lower sharf and it glides in super smooth.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Swany

Post by Swany » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 am

Thanks for the heads up and links etc. guy's, just replaced with the parts in this thread, 1m carbon pole from EB and the clamp from xline, all drilled and everything lines up.

I'm assuming the steel bolts in the xline clamp won't affect the detector, about 14" away from the coil :-), only joking.

My protectors camo shaft cover won't go over the new clamp though, ordered another and going to cut it to fit either side and do a wee bit of sewing.

No wobble by the way and looks great ::g

burtybee

Post by burtybee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:46 pm

I work as a water fed pole window cleaner and they look exactly like the clamps on the poles i use so if you need to get moor then just look on window cleaning sites

Tippercow

Post by Tippercow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:08 pm

We are buying the clamps from Xline systems who supply items for the window cleaning industry. ::g

burtybee

Post by burtybee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm

if you look there are several different makes and as i know some are better and last longer than others

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”