Profile button

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Crocket

Profile button

Post by Crocket » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 am

Hi all just a quick one according to the manual after putting settings into field 2 or any other when in detect screen a long press on profile button after flashing should store the set program. When I press the button it doesn't flash but it just stops on and not sure if it's saved , thanks in advance.

fred

Re: Profile button

Post by fred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Crocket wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 am
Hi all just a quick one according to the manual after putting settings into field 2 or any other when in detect screen a long press on profile button after flashing should store the set program. When I press the button it doesn't flash but it just stops on and not sure if it's saved , thanks in advance.

As with several of the other functions it really is quite a steady press that is needed to save a User Profile. However the upload is like greased lightning and only takes a second or two and the flashing and bleeping described in the manual is just a a few beeps and flashes long. Best idea is to watch the screen next to the Wireless/Communication button to see the profile logo appear and then briefly flash.

The User Profile recall only needes the very shortest of presses of the User Profile button, dont even try to hold the button down or you will record over the User Profile that you installed. You have been warned! I've just tried it out in the garden and it is like trying to master a compurter game. :D

You can always check that you are doing it right/if it is working by saving something that you wouldn't normally use (perhaps like a Gold Mode 1 as the threashold squeales differently to other modes so you know that you have loaded it) to the Profile then up loading it via the Profile button whilst in another Mode to see if it comes back. The profile logo should also appear on the screen next to the Wireless/Communication button to show that you are in a user profile. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Crocket

Post by Crocket » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Cheers Fred , I was looking to check the profile button but didn't see it flash so I'll check again, and make sure I'm not being heavy handed when pressing the button 👍

fred

Post by fred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Crocket wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm
Cheers Fred , I was looking to check the profile button but didn't see it flash so I'll check again, and make sure I'm not being heavy handed when pressing the button 👍
I'm fairly confident. I had exactly the same problem as you described when I tried to do it after you posted until I sussed out the nanosecond jab needed to recall a User profile. :D

I used the User Profile when I first started with the Nox but not much since then because most of the settings are the same in both Field 1 and Beach 1 (which I mostly use) and are saved when the machine shuts down anyway. All that I have to do these days is switch on All Metal, Noise Control and Ground balance and I am off. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Crocket

Post by Crocket » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Yea I think I'll probably not use the profile button when I get used to the 800 , I'f i can remember the settings when I get to the field x;

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”