Minelab Equinox

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
ICENI

Minelab Equinox

Post by ICENI » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 pm

I have now had 3 sessions with my 600 at the beach on wet sand with these settings . Set up . Beach 1 . multi frequency , iron bias 1 , target tones 50 , recovery speed 2 , tone volume tone 1 level 1 and in all metal .

Found it to be erratic numbers on the screen all over the place and kept losing signals the pin pointer was also erratic , adjusted sensitivity to at increments from 23 down to 16 also auto ground balanced regularly .

So did a factory reset and upgraded the firmware .

Tried new settings yesterday at the beach on wet sand with a similar outcome .

Beach 2 . iron bias 0 , recovery speed 1 , target tones 2 , tone volume tone 1 at 0 .

With the 600 i am digging more scopes to retrieve a target , with the seahunter and Vallon if you sweep over a target i don't lose the target and they both detect deeper than the 600 with the settings i have used .
I will have another outing tomorrow , i would be grateful for any help .

thanks in advance

Garrett Seahunter mk 2. with 10" x 14" Elliptical Coil.
Vallon VMH3CS
Nox 600 with 15" coil

Fell Wanderer

Re: Minelab Equinox

Post by Fell Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Reset the beach modes to factory default and up the iron bias to at least 3, it will help with falsing on ferrous. Recovery will also be higher in the default beach modes than you have been using, this will help cut down on ground noise. . Do you have the sensitivity too high?.. try 20 to begin with take things from there, also turn off mobile phones as this will cause the detector to chirp away occassionally. Sensitivity set too high and EMI is usually the problem I have with erratic signals. Also try another part of the beach as there could be underground cables, pipes etc in the location you have been detecting
Equinox 800
Sovereign GT

allmetal

Post by allmetal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Keep your recovery speed up to 5 or 6 to start with if you go much lower than 4 you really have to go very very slow. Try putting a target on the ground sweep over it and listen you will soon see a massive difference when using a higher recovery speed. Better to use 5 or 2 tones to start with it will make it a lot less noisy and beach 2 is a lot less noisy but not as deep just use lower sens if you want to use beach 1.

ICENI

Post by ICENI » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Thanks for the information i will give your suggestions a try when i am next at the beach .
Garrett Seahunter mk 2. with 10" x 14" Elliptical Coil.
Vallon VMH3CS
Nox 600 with 15" coil

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”