Nox sounds direct into your hearing aids works well!

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Oldman2

Nox sounds direct into your hearing aids works well!

Post by Oldman2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 am

I wrote this as a reply in a thread elsewhere on these forums but as its directly Nox related I thought I would place it here for other users like me.
I have acute hearing loss so wear hearing aids, with the nox 800 I wear the supplied bluetooth headphones which work well but make my ears sweaty and they slide about when im bending digging.
I have been using a new bit of kit today, an induction loop worn round the neck and plugged into the WM08. It really works quite well, slightly too quiet unless I max the 800 volume and the aids to near max but that can be sorted.
I would recommend this setup for anyone with BTE aids able to be set to loop.

I had my appointment to revamp my hearing aids at my local NHS hospital 2 days ago, it really does take a long time to get an appointment but I think it was worth while.
My Audiologist set up 6 programmes with 2 being for the loop. I can select loop and external sounds or loop exclusive.
I ordered a Monacor 3.5mm Jack Induction Loop from Amazon £24 The reason for this one was its quite a chunky cable, there were others cheaper but I thought in the situation it will be used in tougher might be best.
The loop arrived yesterday so I paired up the Nox 800 with the WM08 wireless module and jacked the loop into that.
Selecting either program for the loop works for me but...there is always a but isnt there! The sound level at my ears is not as loud as I would like to have it, I have the Nox at 25 but if I turn up the aids volume too much I get a constant background induction noise.
Lifting the loop wire closer to my ears makes the sound very loud, but apart from wearing my loop around my head like rambo's scarf which is not practical I will need to find another way to increase the sound levels into the loop so I dont induce the noise of my hearing aid by having that too loud.

I looked at maybe using Neoteck Headphone Amplifier inline between the WM08 and the loop to boost the volume. I have ordered one to try. I am sure that will sort the quietness but in the meantime I have been beach hunting and even though its quieter than I would like its perfectly usable and I am very pleased with it.

Minelab Equinox 800

Oldman2

Re: Nox sounds direct into your hearing aids works well!

Post by Oldman2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm

The Neoteck Headphone Amplifier arrived today £10 from Amazon, its perfect for me. I have dropped the output from the nox to 20 and lowered the aids volume too. The boost from the Neoteck is good and clean so no introduced noise.
Minelab Equinox 800

fred

Post by fred » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:29 pm

That is really good information. Many thanks for sharing it. :D
Equinox 800 x2

DelphiOne

Post by DelphiOne » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 pm

As im a bit hard of hearing and nox volume is a bit to quiet i also bought a Neoteck amp. Tried it at the weekend and its a great bit of kit for the price, small compact and rechargable and only £9.95. Detecting for about 6-7 hours and the amp was still going strong, also managed to winkle out a cut half and a cut quarter
Great info ::g

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”