Single frequency and iron bias

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Roger

Single frequency and iron bias

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi just a few things I've found about running the equinox in single frequency, A lot of my fields have power lines both small low lines and full power pylons an the worst thing phone masts, multi frequency just goes mental so I've been using 20kHz pointing the coil at the lines an noise cancel and ground balance an run no higher than 20 sensitivity, can still be a bit chirpy but usable had 2 very worn hammered coins right under the lines funny 1 gave a very strange I'd from 6-14 an sounded very much like junky iron but it did have a hole in it!. Phone masts will beat you and the detector! In single frequency the depth reads shallower than multi an some target I'ds can be a bit different than multi. One plus point the battery lasts longer! iron bias is not available in single frequency but I haven't had any problems with iron! I hunt in field 1 all metal an you still hear the iron as the low buzz, maybe the iron bias in single frequency is fixed/hidden? I was expecting to be digging small iron when I found you didn't have iron bias. Glad I went for the 800 over the 600 just because of the 20 kHz will give 40 kHz a go next trip out. Be lucky Roger.

sweepstick47

Re: Single frequency and iron bias

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks for your observation Roger as I imagine other newcomers to the machine will find it helpful.
Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

fred

Post by fred » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 am

Interesting. Although I know that different frequencies are better with some targets than others I have no idea which ones do what. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:16 am

fred wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 am
Interesting. Although I know that different frequencies are better with some targets than others I have no idea which ones do what. ::g
3F.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”