TELE KNOX Minelab Equinox Carbon Fibre Telescopic Stem - Updated Video

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
mrix
Founder

TELE KNOX Minelab Equinox Carbon Fibre Telescopic Stem - Updated Video

Post by mrix » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello all, we now have a New aftermarket stem for the Equinox 800 /600 called the TELE KNOX which is made from carbon fibre and telescopic now listed at our MDFShop ::g
Its lighter than the original, does not wobble and is telescopic so will claps down very nicely for storage ::g
It also comes with a bag of spare component parts.

Red / Black Fleck Version Tele Knox - Red Version KNOX Minelab Equinox Telescopic Stem

Black Version Tele Knox - Black Vserion KNOX Minelab Equinox Telescopic Stem

If you use MDF4895 at checkout you get 5% Discount ::g This is Only a deal for the MDFShop

Junior

Re: NEW - TELE KNOX Minelab Equinox Carbon Fibre Telescopic Stem

Post by Junior » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am

Look nice and have put into photo's for that day when the equionox happens....1 querie does the warranty become null and void if u fit a aftermarket stem ?

Bors

Post by Bors » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:33 am
The distance from arm cup to hand grip looks very short, or is that just the photo making it appear that way? :-/
You can have the handle where you like as far or near to your hand as you like as its governed by its own tightness onto the stem and not relying on holes in the stem to connect with the fixation.
It will be down to your own positioning of the handle where it sits in relation to your hand.

MartM

Post by MartM » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Might be tempted with this new shaft as the detector will be smaller and easier to fit in the tiny boot of my car.

Iron Mask

Post by Iron Mask » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:33 am
The distance from arm cup to hand grip looks very short, or is that just the photo making it appear that way? :-/
The armrest can be any distance from the grip. Put it where you want and tighten the screws.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:06 pm

MartM wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Might be tempted with this new shaft as the detector will be smaller and easier to fit in the tiny boot of my car.
Just back home after 3 hours using the new Tele Stem and it works a treat
My wife commented that it will probably will be going into my case going on flights next week and she's right
rossi
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-Find 35

Bors

Post by Bors » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 pm

I think a lot of thought and consideration went into the design of this stem. It`s a 100% better for my needs anyway and it's going to be an asset. This I believe was designed by a Detectorist, so what better reason than that to know what was required on its design & construction. It gets a big thumbs up from me anyway ::g

Iron Mask

Post by Iron Mask » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:02 pm

Bors wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 pm
I think a lot of thought and consideration went into the design of this stem. It`s a 100% better for my needs anyway and it's going to be an asset. This I believe was designed by a Detectorist, so what better reason than that to know what was required on its design & construction. It gets a big thumbs up from me anyway ::g
Thank you :-)
I appreciate the kind remarks. I put a lot of thought into it and I am still working on a side flip handle so it will basically lay flat and also working on an S shaft that will use the middle and lower stem from this shaft.

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 pm

yes mate im tempted to get 1 they look pretty cool
South London Metal Detector

Bors

Post by Bors » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:43 pm

THE MOLE wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:50 pm
cant see what all the fuss is about the weight, if it was heavier then fine something to moan about.
if its the same or less weight then that's a bonus, to me the point is do you want a collapsible shaft or don't you :-/
Sometimes, we take BT`s advice........ "It`s good to talk" :))

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm

After several days thinking about this I've made my mind up and purchased one from the MDF shop. Just wondering what the delivery time is as nothing mentioned in the email, anyone know?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Dangerous Norman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm
After several days thinking about this I've made my mind up and purchased one from the MDF shop. Just wondering what the delivery time is as nothing mentioned in the email, anyone know?

Obviously depending on the time of day purchased Delivery is normally very quick and normally next working ::g

Thanks
mrix

Devonboy

Post by Devonboy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Dangerous Norman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm
Yes delivery is fairly quick, I ordered one on Sunday and it was delivered on Tuesday.
Nice bit of kit.

Tony

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:38 am

Hello all, I have now created a New video and placed it in the opening thread to answer some of the concerns / queries raised ::g
Its 25 Minutes long :-O so if your interested in certain info you may find it better skipping to certain parts of the video ::g
I have also cleaned the thread to remove replies where questions have now been answered within the video ::g
If you have anymore questions that have not been answered please reply ::g

Having weighed both the stem assemblies within this video the weight saving is in fact 118grams
The issue with the arm cuff hole being a little too small is no longer a issue and has been increased on all future batches ::g

Thanks all
mrix

Dangerous Norman

Re: TELE KNOX Minelab Equinox Carbon Fibre Telescopic Stem - Updated Video

Post by Dangerous Norman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Received my new shaft today. Well impressed on it's presentation in the cloth pouch and plastic tube. Assembly was so simple and required no adjustment of any kind.

I had intended to get the all black version but forgot to say when I ordered, pleased I forgot because the red/black version is really nice.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending it to all Nox owners. While weight wasn't an issue for me I did my own checks and according to the wife's scales there's a weight saving of 135-140 gm and it does feel well balanced and lighter in the hand.

Hats of to the makers and I'm looking forward to that control head arm fold-down joint that has been mentioned.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Dangerous Norman wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm

I had intended to get the all black version but forgot to say when I ordered, pleased I forgot because the red/black version is really nice.

Hello Norman, from my understanding the black version up until now tends to have more sales than the red but I dont think most people realise how nice the red fleck looks.
I was surprised myself and would personally prefer it over the black.

Thanks
mrix

Badger1935

Post by Badger1935 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 pm

I ordered my red version shaft yesterday at 3.30pm and received it today at 1.00pm.well impressed.Had it assembled in about 20 mins.no problems at all.It looks great and is very well thought out.Can't wait to try it in the field.I hope that a bottom red shaft is not too far away I certainly feel it would be the icing on the cake if you are buying the red version.I will certainly buy one when it's available.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Hello all, I have just created a Free Draw to Win the Tele Knox Stem I used in the video, if anyone is interested the Draw video is here
Simply subscribe to the channel if you are not already and leave a comment in the comments area that you would like to be entered to win the stem.
Best of luck all ::g
mrix
p.s you will need to click the Youtube link on the video
"Watch on Youtube" which takes you through to create a comment ::g

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Big Diffrence in the weight loss nice jazzy red to ::g
South London Metal Detector

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Looks Good and so handy to store now
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-Find 35

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:03 am

Badger1935 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 pm
I ordered my red version shaft yesterday at 3.30pm and received it today at 1.00pm.well impressed.Had it assembled in about 20 mins.no problems at all.It looks great and is very well thought out.Can't wait to try it in the field.I hope that a bottom red shaft is not too far away I certainly feel it would be the icing on the cake if you are buying the red version.I will certainly buy one when it's available.
We always thought there could be a problem having the lower stem with the foil in but we are going to try one or two as a test and if all goes well we will start producing them. When you stop and think about it the stem moves with the coil so shouldn't affect things.

Badger1935

Post by Badger1935 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi.Tony.If the test goes well and you start producing them,Let me know and I will be the first to purchase one.
Regards John.

ajb6864

Post by ajb6864 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:36 am

Hi all

One question that hasn't been raised and I think might be of concern, is how would your warranty be affected by switching to the new stem?

I am planning on getting one anyway, as the collapsed size is a perfect length for snorkelling with. But, it does mean that the control box will be underwater with a 3rd party back fixing.

Obviously if there was a failure I could move the box back on to the original stem and back fixing, if I was dishonest, but I'd rather have some information on any testing the new back has undergone or reassurance that Minelab have sanctioned the alternative back mount.

Have any of you early adopters used the unit underwater yet? I've never had the need to undo the control box, but would assume there would be some form of waterproof gasket that needs seating properly and possibly re-greasing?

Please don't view the above as negative, I think the stem looks great and exactly what I need, just wanted to know where I/we stand in the event of a problem.

Bors

Post by Bors » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 am

The removal of the bottom bracket by four screws doesn`t have any gasket in place when the four screws are removed so no warranty issue is violated by doing that. The waterproof gasket is higher up in the handle part itself. The new bottom bracket is a clone of the original except that it has a locating protrusion in it , to locate to the flat part of the new CF stem. Again no warranty issue is violated by having that. ::g

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Tony Hunt wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:03 am

We always thought there could be a problem having the lower stem with the foil in but we are going to try one or two as a test and if all goes well we will start producing them. When you stop and think about it the stem moves with the coil so shouldn't affect things.
I read somewhere that metal above the coil and part of the detector wasn't an issue and on most of the detectors the bottom shaft is metal anyway. From what I read they were saying that it's the coil moving across metal the detector detects. As the shaft is static in relation to the coil then it won't detect it. How true this is I don't know but should you produce a RED lower shaft then it's on my list of 'must haves' along with the fold-down unit I'm eagerly awaiting.

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”