First post/First detector

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
jimowl

First post/First detector

Post by jimowl » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Hello all. First post so be gentle. New year, new hobby and all that. Have just joined the no doubt very long list of pre purchasers for an Equinox 800 at a no doubt well known yellow coloured dealer (not sure on naming protocols on here).

Completely none of the gear and no idea at the moment so have lots to learn. Looking forward to receiving it (hopefully) early in 2018.

Junior

Re: First post/First detector

Post by Junior » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Welcome to the forum. And good luck on the wait for the detector. It's usually if u go off subject and compare stuff your comments get took off .. I 've had a few shall we say. .. You forget about the rules. There actually is a forum rules somewhere if you want some light reading. Hope the 800 is worth the wait. I believe late Jan hopefully. ::g

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Welcome ... its a great hobby and a lovely forum ... the folk here know their stuff.
No worries on the "Yellow coloured dealer" ... I am clueless ... after 5 years doing the hobby OooO OooO OooO
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:55 pm

jimowl wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 pm
Have just joined the no doubt very long list of pre purchasers for an Equinox 800 at a no doubt well known yellow coloured dealer (not sure on naming protocols on here).
Hope the dealer recovers quickly from the jaundice. :))
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil, 2nd Garrett Carrot. %)=
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 pm

jimowl wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 pm
Hello all. First post so be gentle. New year, new hobby and all that. Have just joined the no doubt very long list of pre purchasers for an Equinox 800 at a no doubt well known yellow coloured dealer (not sure on naming protocols on here).

Completely none of the gear and no idea at the moment so have lots to learn. Looking forward to receiving it (hopefully) early in 2018.

Here's the link to the rules that 'junior' alluded to ::g ss47

app.php/rules
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello 'jimowl' ::g Welcome aboard the forum. I don't know if there is a long waiting list for the soon to be released (apparently) '800' but there has been plenty of interest shown by members of this forum. Any update would therefore be appreciated should you be in such a position and of course your opinion on the machine once you get hands-on, would, I'm sure, be equally well received (via the 'Minelab' forum) ::g All the best and Happy New Year. -=+:-P Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

alfaowner

Post by alfaowner » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Welcome to the forum , there’s plenty of good advice and help on here ::g

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:00 am

Welcome to the forum, which I am sure you will find friendly and helpfull.

I am certain that the wait for the Equinox 800 will be worth it. When it arrives and you have used it a few times feedback would be appreciated.

While waiting for it do plenty of background research into your area and try to get your own permissions. I would also suggest joining NCMD http://www.ncmd.co.uk/ which provides £10 million insurance cover and a regular magazine which is great value for £8 a year or FID http://fid.newbury.net/

You have already been pointed to the "rules" of the site, they are simple and logical, but have the simple aim of keeping the site "FAMILY FRIENDLY" - sadly unlike some forums I could name.

Evan

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”