Equinox shipping

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
mrix
Founder

EQUINOX Now Shipping to Customers

Post by mrix » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:56 am

Hello all, just had this email sent through from Minelab....

Product notice that we published on the Minelab website a few minutes ago: https://www.minelab.com/anz/customer-ca ... cle=326353

Arch Stanton

Re: EQUINOX now shipping to Customers

Post by Arch Stanton » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:01 am

Woohoo! I'm eagerly awaiting the first review....how long do you reckon it'll be? ::g
I've done the 'buckle boogie', the 'musket-ball mambo' and even the 'silver shuffle', but sadly still no 'gold dance'. You're really gonna know it when you see it though!

JBM

Re: EQUINOX Now Shipping to Customers

Post by JBM » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 am

I was watching this data late yesterday on the American Finds detecting site.

Later someone reminded folks that to day is Ground Hog day. ;) Jerry.

Bfg

Post by Bfg » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 am

It's rather strange that they should ask the question in bold as a sub-title "So, which detector will you obsolete?", but then leave it unanswered x; If based on price bracket, would that be the x-Terra 505 & 705, as well perhaps as the Safari ? . I guess they are leaving it to whichever doesn't sell, which is crappy way to schedule their production line.
. . . . . . . . . . . . There is more worth in a kindness than in gold. Introduce yourself : old giffer taking fist baby steps in md'g Minelab E-trac

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:26 am

They may have started shipping but it looks like many pre-order customers are still going to have a few more weeks to wait if you read the bottom of the link that Mrix gave

*Initial availability will be limited in all regions due to the very high pre-release demand. Dealers will soon be notified regarding local allocations and shipments. Please contact your local dealer for specific availability information. We will be doing our best to get detectors to all customers across February to fulfil pre-orders as quickly as possible.

So if you have not pre-orded you may have another month to wait to get hold of one.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Mud Max

Re: EQUINOX now shipping to Customers

Post by Mud Max » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:01 am
Woohoo! I'm eagerly awaiting the first review....how long do you reckon it'll be? ::g

The race is on, Many You Tubers will be desperate to publish anything just to try and get more subscribers by beating the rush, so be careful what you take in for the first few weeks.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

cammann

Post by cammann » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm really looking forward to the reviews in the coming weeks and months from people testing these in the field(s). Its been so long now it's like waiting for the next season of your favourite to show to begin again!
XP Deus
Garret Pro Pointer
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Minelab Safari
Garret Ace 250
Best find - medieval gold posy ring, piece and quite

fred

Post by fred » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm

So who has actually got their hands on one already? :-/ Perhaps they just mean that a few palettes of them have left Peking on a very slow boat! :D
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Bfg wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 am
It's rather strange that they should ask the question in bold as a sub-title "So, which detector will you obsolete?", but then leave it unanswered x; If based on price bracket, would that be the x-Terra 505 & 705, as well perhaps as the Safari ? . I guess they are leaving it to whichever doesn't sell, which is crappy way to schedule their production line.
Hello 'Bfg' I (think) I can see why you have interpreted minelab's quote the way you have.
In my view, the question is a little confusing due to the choice of wording. I think the intention was to give a nod to their advertising claim that the 'Equinox' will render all conventional VLF based machines obsolete (rather than which Minelab' machine will be made obsolete as a result of the arrival of the Equinox).

In this instance, it seems that their choice of wording has backfired somewhat! Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Tisserand

Post by Tisserand » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am

I looked at the website link and found the following:
Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions, just set your detecting location and go!

Coin-shooting in hunted out parks – EQUINOX delivers…

Uncovering history in ancient fields – EQUINOX delivers…

Finding jewellery at the beach – EQUINOX delivers…

Unearthing small specs of gold – EQUINOX delivers…

Does something come to mind that is very OBVIOUS? Yes, there is no mention of use in surf saltwater whatsoever. No tests have been revealed thus far despite several requests from many people. It appears the Equinox is not suited for ALL aspects of metal detection. Hopefully, this info will be updated showing that it may be suited for surf saltwater...But don't count on it.

ds1

Post by ds1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Tisserand, II think there are a couple of YouTube vids of a black ke getting his legs wet for a minute or so on Blackpool beach with the equinox. What would really interest me however is if an independent review hooks the equinox up to an oscilloscopes, should be able to see the weighting of the different frequencies in the different modes and also how many frequencies the multi IQ tech is putting out . I remember all the BBS fanfare way back when....turned out to be two frequencies and harmonics thereof. Interesting to see rather than marketing vagueness like “algorithms “.

busterhamer

Post by busterhamer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Available now from fleabay Switzerland approx £850 with the postage for the 800 ::g

Tisserand

Post by Tisserand » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 pm

ds 1, I agree with you. I have looked at the videos of "water testing"...they were absolutely worthless. The only way to have valid tests is through the use of independent testers and/ or customer reviews. We will continue to hope the proper testing has been done. It would be a nice surprise to have a machine that can be used on land or in SALTWATER.

Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm

This detector seems to have really captured people's imagination.....it's certainly making me feel like I need one :D

The battery life is the only issue I have which I'm sure in time will be reviewed and commented on one way or the other........exciting times indeed ::g

Fireburst

Post by Fireburst » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Agent Smith wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm

The battery life is the only issue I have which I'm sure in time will be reviewed and commented on one way or the other........exciting times indeed ::g
As they can be usb charged you can always use one of those power banks that are used to charge mobile phones to extend the estimated 12 hours.

Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Fireburst wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:47 pm
Agent Smith wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm

As they can be usb charged you can always use one of those power banks that are used to charge mobile phones to extend the estimated 12 hours.
That's right I had read that about the Equinox but was thinking how long the built in battery pack will last for after 12 months of charging.....will it remain at 12 hours? There has been talk of having to have the detector sent back for a replacement if you can't get at it with it being built in???.......still early days and can only hope they've have considered this.

mart61

Post by mart61 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Just received from LP:

Good afternoon,

Firstly thank you for registering your interest in the Minelab Equinox with LP Metal Detecting.

We have now received our first delivery schedule from Minelab in regard to shipping quantities and expected delivery dates.

Unfortunately it is the news we feared we may have to share... The quantity of stock arriving in to the U.K. early next week is incredibly small, so much so we are receiving only a fraction of the units that we have ordered on the first delivery. This is an issue that the whole dealer network is facing whilst Minelab try their hardest to keep up with the huge demand in this new product.

As we are receiving such a small allocation of our order we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with the machine you desire at this time.

Minelab are hopeful that all outstanding units we have ordered will be fulfilled over the coming weeks (this may be in multiple smaller batches). At this time we do not know exact dates of further deliveries coming to us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss around this, that isn't specifically answered in this email, please feel free to call us on 01635 597975 (Monday to Saturday 09:30-17:00) and we will do our best to answer these questions for you.

We will continue to keep you fully informed of any news we receive from Minelab and thank you for your continued patience whilst we await healthy supply of the machine you can't wait to get your hands on.

fred

Post by fred » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Oh damn, I suppose that means that I'll just have to continue using my obsolete CTX then. :D

Still both of the customers in the UK that will get them this month should be happy. ::g Let's see who is the first one on the forum to get one, so do tell if it is you. ::g
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2

At Digger

Post by At Digger » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Love you post Fred, ::g ::g

Post by fred » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Oh damn, I suppose that means that I'll just have to continue using my obsolete CTX then. :D

Still both of the customers in the UK that will get them this month should be happy. ::g

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 pm

I just missed out on one i believe i was 5th on the list ;;z

owdgit

Post by owdgit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:25 pm

i'm VERY skeptical about people on you tube, especially the ones that find roman coins in outstanding condition every other swing and even more so with the get paid per view channels. i have no doubt that the equinox will be finding all sorts of things on you tube shortly. suspiciously good things.
Garrett Ace 400i
Nel Tornado
Nel Snake
Whites Bulleseye TRX
Pro Evolution spade and trowel.
limited patience at times.

Clare&rags

Equinox shipping

Post by Clare&rags » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:46 pm

The Equinox are not being shipped from Holland until tomorrow I have been informed today so should be in uk Friday

tcawood

Re: Equinox shipping

Post by tcawood » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Explains why there's no Brit vids of them in action then... :(
Equinox 600, Rutus Alter 71, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm

owdgit wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:25 pm
i'm VERY skeptical about people on you tube, especially the ones that find roman coins in outstanding condition every other swing and even more so with the get paid per view channels. i have no doubt that the equinox will be finding all sorts of things on you tube shortly. suspiciously good things.

Well said. I saw a silver Roman coin in the field on a video last night, I can't get them that clean at home !! ooh look here's another one, and another................
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

fred

Post by fred » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

If you want to dislike something you will find any reason that you can to do so. ::g As far as I can see both likes and dislikes can only be pure speculation until we get our hands on some Equinoxes and see how they actually perform.
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2

chip

Post by chip » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 pm

I think the equinox will be a cracking machine, there is no reason it won’t be. I could have waited and bought one as I was in the market for a new machine but decided not to and yesterday ordered an at max instead because it suited me, and I believe if I walk over it, it will find it. And I am sure the equinox will do the same. I think all the hype and then the palaver with the release date has really polarised opinion.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm
If you want to dislike something you will find any reason that you can to do so. ::g As far as I can see both likes and dislikes can only be pure speculation until we get our hands on some Equinoxes and see how they actually perform.
...........and here speaks the voice of reason!! ::g ::g ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm
Very true. And equally if you want to like something you will find any reason you can to do so.
As you say it's all speculation, only many hours in the fields will start to establish what it can do.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Any news from anywhere on second batches? Not heard a dickie bird since the handful finally found their way to our shores...
Equinox 600, Rutus Alter 71, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade

mikerturner

Post by mikerturner » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes, Joan Allen tell me that my "yours should be early in the second batch" machine has now been "shipped" - presumably to me (and weather permitting!).

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”