Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bargeman
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: Newbury
Has thanked: 771 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Bargeman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Here is a link to the user manual, so you can read it on the computer while playing with your new machine...

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/32654 ... 0%20EN.pdf

And here is the startup guide ( first page is in Australian) :D

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/32195 ... EN_WEB.PDF


BM [:)
Last edited by Bargeman on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.



Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

bob79
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 pm
Location: Oxon/Wilts border.
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Equinox Manual....

Post by bob79 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 pm

What happened to "I'm not buying an Equinox, still learning the Ctx" then BM, what changed your mind.

Bob ::g

User avatar
Bargeman
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: Newbury
Has thanked: 771 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Bargeman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:32 am

Now added startup guide, Minelab might want to adjust their web page ::g



BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

User avatar
fred
Posts: 8636
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 1566 times
Been thanked: 4563 times

Re: Equinox Manual....

Post by fred » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 pm

bob79 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 pm
What happened to "I'm not buying an Equinox, still learning the Ctx" then BM, what changed your mind.

Bob ::g
A sudden bout of sanity! :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Equinox Manual....

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:14 pm

fred wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 pm
bob79 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 pm
What happened to "I'm not buying an Equinox, still learning the Ctx" then BM, what changed your mind.

Bob ::g
A sudden bout of sanity! :D
i notice a few have had there heads turned :))
minelab equinox 800

User avatar
Phil2401
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 pm
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 665 times

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Phil2401 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm

I was visiting a friend near Westerham, Kent today - nice village / small town or whatever and I just had to have a peek in the well known detector shop there .... had a chat, they have dozens of 800s in stock, so I succumbed and am now a member of the 'Nox' club :) I just need to sell a couple of my other machines now to justify the cost of this impulse! Machine all assembled, reading manual whilst charging up and hopefully out for an hour or two later before it gets dark.

Phil
Quaerite et invenietis

XP Deus

User avatar
fred
Posts: 8636
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 1566 times
Been thanked: 4563 times

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by fred » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Phil2401 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm
I was visiting a friend near Westerham, Kent today - nice village / small town or whatever and I just had to have a peek in the well known detector shop there .... had a chat, they have dozens of 800s in stock, so I succumbed and am now a member of the 'Nox' club :) I just need to sell a couple of my other machines now to justify the cost of this impulse! Machine all assembled, reading manual whilst charging up and hopefully out for an hour or two later before it gets dark.

Phil
Well done. You should have nipped out into you friend's back garden and recover a few staters to pay for it. Apparently the area is riddled with them! :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Bargeman
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: Newbury
Has thanked: 771 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Bargeman » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Well done Phil ::g





BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

User avatar
Phil2401
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 pm
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 665 times

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Phil2401 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm

I've printed out the main pages of the manual and put them in a ring binder - can't read the bloody thing on my phone on site!

Having exhausted the Nox's batteries this weekend I'm still trying to get to grips - plenty of signals in the 12-18 range (just using Field 2 with a few minor tweaks) - I dug everything to start with and yes - it says iron and it is iron- then a good 22 signal - a decent jetton. A few yards on and another 22 signal in the same range - lead bag seal.... It's definitely a learning curve!

I have to say that as an old fart the hardest thing I'm finding is not what the various settings do, but remembering what all the symbols mean - words would be much easier!

Phil
Quaerite et invenietis

XP Deus

User avatar
Bargeman
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: Newbury
Has thanked: 771 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Bargeman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Phil2401 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm
I have to say that as an old fart the hardest thing I'm finding is not what the various settings do, but remembering what all the symbols mean -

Phil

It becomes second nature Phil. really it does ::g



BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

chesters4
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Surrey
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by chesters4 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Phil2401 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm
I've printed out the main pages of the manual and put them in a ring binder - can't read the bloody thing on my phone on site!

Having exhausted the Nox's batteries this weekend I'm still trying to get to grips - plenty of signals in the 12-18 range (just using Field 2 with a few minor tweaks) - I dug everything to start with and yes - it says iron and it is iron- then a good 22 signal - a decent jetton. A few yards on and another 22 signal in the same range - lead bag seal.... It's definitely a learning curve!

I have to say that as an old fart the hardest thing I'm finding is not what the various settings do, but remembering what all the symbols mean - words would be much easier!

Phil
LOL i get completely lost in the settings then after wondering if the machine is worse i factory reset it .
Not sure who designed the screen software but its not the best i have used i like it more linear and down from the top not horizontal but i will eventually get used to it as i have the ones i have used since the 70's ,long gone are on-of-tune lol
I first printed out an A6 manual to take out with me but in the field its to small to read so i upped it to A5 which is slightly better and an A4 one for home ,unfortunately the manual is in reader mode not printer mode but it works

User avatar
Buriedbytime&dust
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 pm
Location: Suffolk
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Phil2401 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm
I've printed out the main pages of the manual and put them in a ring binder - can't read the bloody thing on my phone on site!

I did the same. I was going to print the whole thing until I had a quick look at it on the screen and noticed that it contained a lot of unnecessary waffle!

User avatar
fred
Posts: 8636
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 1566 times
Been thanked: 4563 times

Re: Equinox Manual & Startup Guide...

Post by fred » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Phil2401 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm
I've printed out the main pages of the manual and put them in a ring binder - can't read the bloody thing on my phone on site!

I did the same. I was going to print the whole thing until I had a quick look at it on the screen and noticed that it contained a lot of unnecessary waffle!
If it's any consolation after a short while you will seldom need to refer to the manual at all. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Post Reply

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”