Laser B3 Power Max User Manual download

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
Barracuda

Laser B3 Power Max User Manual download

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi all not sure if this is made by Tesoro or not but just bought one of these detectors after hearing generally good things about the model but cannot find a downloadable User Manual/destructions booklet anywhere. My question is would anybody happen to know where I can find one and can anybody give me any info on the type as to what kinda depth they get where to go for servicing is it Tesoro Laser or just Laser etc anything you can tell me would be great ... just so long as it's not 'you've wasted your money they're rubbish ;)

Thanks
Barracuda

bob79

Re: Laser B3 Power Max User Manual download

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Laser is made by Tesoro for the UK market. B3 is a very capable machine, good amongst the iron and good on hammies.
Servicing is no problem this can be taken care of by Pentechnic, the authorized UK repair centre.

Bob ::g

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Thanks Bob appreciate the info very good of you ::g

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm

hello jolly good detector, what coil came with it, if your going to keep well worth getting it serviced.

beep-and-dig

Post by beep-and-dig » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Google Laser B1 metal detector, much the same machine as the B3 apart from the ground
adjust knob,also you can download the B1 user manual. ::g

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

As bob79 say's, the Laser models are very capable machines often under estimated by some because of their lack of advanced features. The marque was indeed produced by Tesoro for the UK market to a design which I believe was produced by the respected detectorist Frank Mellish. If the machine is functioning correctly (and they are known to be very reliable) then you will not be disappointed with it's performance ::g Simple, lightweight and effective. Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:26 pm
Thanks Bob appreciate the info very good of you ::g
Forgot to mention I had a Laser B1 for a few years, B1 is the same machine except it has the ground balance function, found me my first hammy, first Roman and first Roman brooch.

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:01 pm

garrettoldboy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm
hello jolly good detector, what coil came with it, if your going to keep well worth getting it serviced.
Hi Garrettoldboy the coil appears to be the original one that came with it it's not the Tesoro one it just has Laser on it and yes a service was what I was thinking as well the guy I bought it from says he's had it from new and looked after it just hasn't used it for a while.
B3 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:04 pm

8" polo concentric coil, best one to have, better at identifying iron than a 2d one.

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Thankyou for all your comments and information guys never having had this model I really do appreciate it and it's always good to know exactly what the capabilities of an unknown machine are as well as receiving confirmation that I've done the right thing in buying this I'm now just really looking forward to receiving it and getting out there on the hunt again ::g

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 pm

beep-and-dig wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:23 pm
Google Laser B1 metal detector, much the same machine as the B3 apart from the ground
adjust knob,also you can download the B1 user manual. ::g
Thanks for that Beep-and-dig I'll go have a look see ::g

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi Barracuda, where are you planning on using the B3, beach or land.

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Bit of both I'm hoping bob while I'm first getting used to it but I'm thinking various beaches for now I also need now to look for some permissions I have one immediate field in mind where I'm pretty sure there will be things to be found just need to approach the owner about it.

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Laser B1 User Manual now found and downloaded ::g

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:45 pm

B3 very good on land, dry sand ok forget the wet sand. It's not the machines fault all vlf machines are the same they react to the salt.

beep-and-dig

Post by beep-and-dig » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Sorted matey, have fun and good luck.

Les.

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 pm

bob79 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:45 pm
B3 very good on land, dry sand ok forget the wet sand. It's not the machines fault all vlf machines are the same they react to the salt.

Yeah I've read that about it not liking wet sand Bob but that's ok with me I'll just persevere with it and enjoy it for what its capabilities are from memory my old Promet three used to false on wet sand but still found stuff with that the actual gettin out and doin is a big part of it keeps you fit and active the finds are the icing on the cake that makes it all the sweeter ;)

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 pm

beep-and-dig wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:46 pm
Sorted matey, have fun and good luck.

Les.
Thanks Les and the same to you ;)

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:01 pm
garrettoldboy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm
Hi Garrettoldboy the coil appears to be the original one that came with it it's not the Tesoro one it just has Laser on it and yes a service was what I was thinking as well the guy I bought it from says he's had it from new and looked after it just hasn't used it for a while.

B3 2.jpg
hello, give it a good try first as it maybe in GWO any way, use good batteries and dont forget behind the control box should be a plastic screw thingy to boost threshold audio. good luck

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Update, detector arrived today in some of the worst packaging I have ever seen folded over cardboard and a miniscule amount of bubble wrap around the three sections. I've opened a return/refund required case via eBay and included a lengthy message to him which he has so far failed to acknowledge.

The (folded over cardboard) looked battered and dented in a couple of areas mainly around the control box area the handle section is loose and rattles when attached the arm rest foam has about 7 or 8 chips of foam out of it the search coil fixing bracket has a blob of glue on it where it looks to have had a crack and had it dropped over it to seal it.

On further examination I found he'd left old batteries in it which in my opinion you should never do they hadn't started sweating or leaking but not the point and on fitting new batteries found it doesn't work not a peep out of it so back it goes NOT happy not happy AT ALL.

This was purchased from eBay member jon-brown needles to say I won't be buying from the guy again, tried to add a picture but just says file too big ;;z

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm

Sadly buying items from auction sites is a huge risk (Buyer Beware). If it was paid for through their own system you should be granted a full refund. My express advice would be to consult a known retailer where there will be s/h machines available which have a period of guarantee included in the purchase.

Another option open to you would be to consult the forum's own 'Buy and Sell' forum.
Good Luck -Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 pm

What are the chances .. got talking to a neighbour this morning who lives around the back he'd just had a package delivered by a TNT courier which was looking a little beat up so I remarked on the detector fiasco yesterday and he says Oh really I used to work for an electronics shop repairing detectors and the like which model is it :-SS I told him it was a Tesoro Laser B3 and he says Oh yeah I've done a few of those over the years and still have all my spares and tools bring it round I'll sort it for you :)) So ... there it is hopefully it's something and nothing I'll update later ::g

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 pm
What are the chances .. got talking to a neighbour this morning who lives around the back he'd just had a package delivered by a TNT courier which was looking a little beat up so I remarked on the detector fiasco yesterday and he says Oh really I used to work for an electronics shop repairing detectors and the like which model is it :-SS I told him it was a Tesoro Laser B3 and he says Oh yeah I've done a few of those over the years and still have all my spares and tools bring it round I'll sort it for you :)) So ... there it is hopefully it's something and nothing I'll update later ::g
That really is excellent news ::g As for the question - "What are the chances" I'd say they are somewhat scarce! Well done sir and If may make a suggestion, buy yourself a lottery ticket forthwith ::g Please keep us abreast of the outcome. Regards ss47

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:11 am

You know what that's not a bad idea at all I'll get one for Saturday's draw ::g :D

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Update, detector now back and fully functional he said it was a bad resistor or diode or something AND a bad connection in it somewhere so now ready to go AND only cost me £25.00 so all good ... just need some permissions now ;)

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”