lasor scout

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
Post Reply
silversabrebri
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: scarborough
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

lasor scout

Post by silversabrebri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:03 pm

having a few problems with my lasor scout it keeps falsing, tried altering the settings still as bad
pasture was very damp today cannot touch the beach with it it goes crackers any ideas folks ?



User avatar
Roberts
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm
Location: Expatriate in France
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by Roberts » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Wet ground will cause a little falsing but lowering the sensitivity should help.


If you are still having problems maybe check out the disk cable connection and also make sure it is not loose around the stem as the detector will detect the cable.

At the same time when you wrap the cable around the stem make sure the first wrap is in front of the stem and not behind as some detector models will also detect the cable when the first wrap is behind.

Apart from that there should not be a problem as the laser only has two dials, sensitivity and disrimination. so lowering the sensitivity a little should help, If you really have to lower the sensitivity to near 3/4/5 to zero then the unit might be faulty and a return to the shop is needed.

P.S normally you can set the sensitivity from 6 to 9 setting without any problems on most ground.
Image
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

User avatar
sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 8422
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 1115 times
Been thanked: 1826 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:21 pm

The coil cable connector is the usual suspect for this problem but it's an easy fix ::g
Check the connector and you should see a 'spring-like' cable protector fitted over the cable and retained in place by the connector plug.

Give the 'tail' of this spring a slight 'tug' because they have a tendency to work their way slightly into the connector which causes a momentary short circuit which in turn, produces and the resulting irritating false signals. The 'spring' is fitted to prevent damage by flexing of the cable during coupling and uncoupling. Laser realised the problem and subsequently changed this device for a plastic one. Hope this resolves the problem ::g PS. Don't pull the the 'spring' too hard as it is liable to come right out and they can be a bit of a beggar to get back in! Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

Junior
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by Junior » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Have u checked there's not a build up of material. Be it a mixture of sand etc under the coil cover.

silversabrebri
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: scarborough
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by silversabrebri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:50 pm

I sealed the coil cover with silicone but thanks for the reply

silversabrebri
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: scarborough
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by silversabrebri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:55 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:21 pm
The coil cable connector is the usual suspect for this problem but it's an easy fix ::g
Check the connector and you should see a 'spring-like' cable protector fitted over the cable and retained in place by the connector plug.

Give the 'tail' of this spring a slight 'tug' because they have a tendency to work their way slightly into the connector which causes a momentary short circuit which in turn, produces and the resulting irritating false signals. The 'spring' is fitted to prevent damage by flexing of the cable during coupling and uncoupling. Laser realised the problem and subsequently changed this device for a plastic one. Hope this resolves the problem ::g PS. Don't pull the the 'spring' too hard as it is liable to come right out and they can be a bit of a beggar to get back in! Regards ss47 ::g
mmmmmmmmmmmm ill try this and see if it works thanks very mutch sweepstick mate ::g

silversabrebri
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: scarborough
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by silversabrebri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Roberts wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 pm
Wet ground will cause a little falsing but lowering the sensitivity should help.


If you are still having problems maybe check out the disk cable connection and also make sure it is not loose around the stem as the detector will detect the cable.

At the same time when you wrap the cable around the stem make sure the first wrap is in front of the stem and not behind as some detector models will also detect the cable when the first wrap is behind.

Apart from that there should not be a problem as the laser only has two dials, sensitivity and disrimination. so lowering the sensitivity a little should help, If you really have to lower the sensitivity to near 3/4/5 to zero then the unit might be faulty and a return to the shop is needed.

P.S normally you can set the sensitivity from 6 to 9 setting without any problems on most ground.
detector bought second hand only been used a few times the cable is wrapped how you said
does not matter how I alter the sens it just the same but thanks for your reply ::g

Koala
Posts: 4348
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm
Location: Cheshire
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 1158 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by Koala » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Try running your Silver Sabra over the same ground. They should run fairly similar.

Neither will run on wet sand tbough.

silversabrebri
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: scarborough
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by silversabrebri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Koala wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:46 pm
Try running your Silver Sabra over the same ground. They should run fairly similar.

Neither will run on wet sand tbough.
the silver sabre is quiet as a mouse on pasture and sand it nearly 25 years old still going strong only been in hospital at pentechnics once for new on/off switch and calibration ::g

Koala
Posts: 4348
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm
Location: Cheshire
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 1158 times

Re: lasor scout

Post by Koala » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:36 pm

I suspect the coil. Try swapping them.

Post Reply

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”