Euro Sabre hot rocks & iron

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
hartsman

Euro Sabre hot rocks & iron

Post by hartsman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Went out yesterday using a Tesoro Euro Sabre instead of my usual Exp II and discovered that my field has lots of hot rocks and bits of iron on it of which I was unaware when using the Minelab. How do I tune out the hot rocks? I only found one Roman grot and part of a spur so I must be doing something wrong. I ground balanced in all metal, had the sens up to around 9 and the threshold was not too loud a hum, hunted in audio with discrim set to just below foil. Tried two different fields with the same poor result. Any help please?

sweepstick47

Re: Euro Sabre hot rocks & iron

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 am

Hello hartsman, ::g Tesoro and laser machines are actually excellent in allowing hot-rocks to be identified by their audio response. I used a couple over a period of 20 years or so (Eldorado and Laser B1HP) and I'm sure your later model will perform in a very similar way. I found they have a low level of discrimination pre-set so I never found it necessary to increase the Disc control above the minimum setting of 0 - 1.

My findings were that signals from hot rocks including coke, are uniformly identical each time the search coil is passed over the target area irrespective of it's shape or the angle of approach - try it from four or more different angles and dig a few to confirm the result.
Let us know how you get on ::g Good Luck - Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

garrettoldboy

Re: Euro Sabre hot rocks & iron

Post by garrettoldboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:15 am

hello, the bug bear of us detectorists are hot rocks/tin foil/and ring pulls, with old rusty iron most detectors will show to avoid, as sweepstick mentioned laser detectors can pass the disc settings with hot rocks, i would only suggest as from what you said on your minelab Exp stick to using that in this field,

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”