Tesoro Tejon UK or UK Pro?

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
Westa1970

Tesoro Tejon UK or UK Pro?

Post by Westa1970 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi, Been away from detecting for a couple of years now but getting back into this great hobby again in the New Year.
Question is I have a Tejon (Black model) and am under the impression now there are two UK variants a Uk and a Uk Pro how do I tell which variant I have and the differences between the two?
Was bought secondhand with no instructions or paperwork so neither crossed my mind which variant if any I had till doing some online research this week.
Either way is a great detector just need to blow off the cobwebs!

JonM

Re: Tesoro Tejon UK or UK Pro?

Post by JonM » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I've had a quick scout around so try [email protected] for product information (it appears that there is a Tesoro website). Your machine serial number will be somewhere on the machine. Maybe they can help.
All the best, Jon.
Makro Multi Kruzer.
Ace 400i with MS3 wireless Z-Lynk kit.
Nokta Pointer.
GP Pointer.
NCMD Member.

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:44 pm

If i am correct the only diff was the GB knob 1 was 10 turn the other 3 1/4 i may be wrong but i had both and thats all :D :D :D

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few

equinox

Post by equinox » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:28 am

Westa1970 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:57 pm
Hi, Been away from detecting for a couple of years now but getting back into this great hobby again in the New Year.
Question is I have a Tejon (Black model) and am under the impression now there are two UK variants a Uk and a Uk Pro how do I tell which variant I have and the differences between the two?
Was bought secondhand with no instructions or paperwork so neither crossed my mind which variant if any I had till doing some online research this week.
Either way is a great detector just need to blow off the cobwebs!
the tejon pro is switch on and go ground balance and manual ground all in one,turn the ground control fully anti/clockwise it will click you are then in auto ground the standard tejon is only manual ground balance.
you can over do the power on the tejon 6-8 on standard coil and as low as 2 on the large DD coil,these are very good on small thin silver but you do need a good set of headphones on them i found sprite were the best for me only dig good clean signals iron will be very spitty and broken, this detector has only one tone that is why you need good headphones one thing to note over do the power and you can blow past the hammys,gary the xp guy had a lot of info on this detector about ten years ago i bought one when they first came out and would not part with it hope this helps a little

Westa1970

Post by Westa1970 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Thank you for the replies.
I must have the UK Pro Version as it the ground balance clicks to go automatic on a full turn on the ground balance knob.
Many thanks again for the replies.

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”