Scout

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
shotwell

Scout

Post by shotwell » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 am

Been looking at lazer scout with 8 inch coil polo the use would be for woodland and trashy ground
and some foreshore hunting .
Would this be a good machine to have for these situations if I were getting 6 inch of depth with this
I would be happy .
Any thoughts from you guys as need some advice as I do have chance to buy one at moment
Advice sooner the better much appreciated . :-/

Mud Max

Re: Scout

Post by Mud Max » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:12 am

Here's some wet sand feedback.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:23 am

Another worth watching.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

shotwell

Post by shotwell » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks Mud Max

Interesting videos still not sure what to do though .

Koala

Post by Koala » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Kinda of topic as it doesn't relate to the Scout.

First some woodlands the buildup of leaves year in year out make old finds out of reach. Deciduous woodland that has little wind or slope you will find WW2 artifacts are already 12" or more down.

If there is no room to swing easily a no motion detector is the way to go.

Some of the best copper alloy Saxon finds I have seen have come from beech woodland that have a slop

Whatever you deside I wish you happy hunting.

PS. I use to have a Bandido with a 5 1/2" coil that was no motion in all metal mode. This was ideal around tree roots and the solid coil didn't get caught up in the bramble like a spider coil does.

shotwell

Post by shotwell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks Koala
Makes a lot of sense ::g

Arch Stanton

Post by Arch Stanton » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:42 pm

I have a scout and hawkeye, and really love the scout. My permissions are both pasture and woodland, and always use the scout in the woods - it's so pointable and light and the iron discrim is brilliant. It may seem limited with no display and one tone, but you will soon learn the difference between the quick chirps of junk and the fuller beep of coins etc. It just loves coins, musket balls, buckles and bullets. The Thames mudlarks favour the scout too. I got mine secondhand for £120 and for that kind of money, I think it's great. Pentechnics do a boost for the scout too, which claims to give an extra couple inches depth, which I may try at the same time as getting it serviced, but in all honesty it doesn't really need it! I would recommend one to anyone! I have also used it on the beach and find it very good. May need to turn sensitivity down a little on the really wet stuff, but generally very stable. Good luck!
I've done the 'buckle boogie', the 'musket-ball mambo' and even the 'silver shuffle', but sadly still no 'gold dance'. You're really gonna know it when you see it though!

shotwell

Post by shotwell » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Thanks for advice Arch Stanton and everyone else for advice.
I have stuck my neck out and purchased the scout for £90 with the 8 inch polo coil
Pick it up tomorrow so see how I go . ::g ::g
I

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”