Tesoro Euro Sabre

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
salford44

Tesoro Euro Sabre

Post by salford44 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Just bought a 2nd hand Euro Sabre and wondering if any others on the Forum have one and their thoughts on this detector? Does it have to be ground balanced every time or is it a switch on and go? I dont get it until Wednesday so just looking for some tips and advice,Cheers. ::g

FISHER 1236x2,FISHER 1270.

sweepstick47

Re: Tesoro Euro Sabre

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello 'salford44' ::g I think you'll find favour with the 'Euro Sabre' ::g and indeed any of the models from the Tesoro or Laser stables. Laser detectors are in fact manufactured by Tesoro for the UK market and they sport particular features to meet the terrain of the UK.

Your question re the necessity of Ground Balancing the machine - yes it does need to be ground balanced and details are contained in the Manual - which can be downloaded free from Tesoro's official website. ::g

I've had Tesoro Eldorado and Laser B1 detectors in the past and found them to be reliable, light and well built. Hope this helps. ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm
Hello 'salford44' ::g I think you'll find favour with the 'Euro Sabre' ::g and indeed any of the models from the Tesoro or Laser stables. Laser detectors are in fact manufactured by Tesoro for the UK market and they sport particular features to meet the terrain of the UK.

Your question re the necessity of Ground Balancing the machine - yes it does need to be ground balanced and details are contained in the Manual - which can be downloaded free from Tesoro's official website. ::g

I've had Tesoro Eldorado and Laser B1 detectors in the past and found them to be reliable, light and well built. Hope this helps. ::g Regards ss47
Added by ss47:- It's perhaps worth mentioning that getting a machine 'ground balanced' may seem a bit of a 'Faff' at first but once you've mastered it and understand the theory of the effects positive and negative minerals have on a detector, you'll be well on the way to success.

I should add that the sensitivity control is equally important to smooth operating, less is sometimes more in terms of productivity. Suggest you keep it mid-way until you are confident of being able to distinguish between a 'good signal' and a 'false signal' produced by a 'hot' setting (too high a setting). ::g

Get to know your machine well and above all, enjoy the learning process .....it will be a lot of fun ::g All the best and Good Luck. Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

salford44

Post by salford44 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Thanks for reply,Sweepstick,I have owned a Silver Sabre U max in the past ,it was a great switch on and go machine and very effective on iron sites,so when I saw the Euro Sabre going for £150 I thought I would give it a try as a back up for my Golden Mask 4 so I am really looking forward to getting out with it,I have just been on Tesoro webpage and had a look at the Manual so thanks for that and I will post on here how I get on with it,Cheers.
FISHER 1236x2,FISHER 1270.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:11 pm

I had an Invincible which is the Euro Sabre's bigger brother made for the French market.
Ground balance ....I just used to pump it evenly and quite quickly and adjust until stable. Matter of seconds. Didn't really need to turn the knob much each time (certainly not the whole faffing around with all those turns.).

Actually with Tesoros its best to run them quite Hot. I always pushed up into the red.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

Advent

Post by Advent » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 am

A quick tip lads the Ground balance control can sometimes get knocked.
A blob of Blue Tack against the control knob and the face panel stops any accidental movements.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Advent wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 am
A quick tip lads the Ground balance control can sometimes get knocked.
A blob of Blue Tack against the control knob and the face panel stops any accidental movements.
Another similar trick that i do is use 'o' rings under the knobs,only take a few minutes to do all the knobs and this then gives you additional friction against being accidentally being knocked.

Advent

Post by Advent » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:22 pm

very true...
Keith.

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”