all metal and dual mode

Topics related to RUTUS metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
mazdaman

all metal and dual mode

Post by mazdaman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:14 am

I know i'm being thick here but having got myself a Rutus 71 and still getting used to the different programs..(Thank goodness for you tube!)...I notice in the manual it states....'All metal motion'.....audio gain set to 0 ..TH..sens and Sat set ABOVE 0....but in the basic..coin..and fast factory preset programs ..both Sens and Set are at 0.....not above.....then in dual mode...it states ...set both Th sens and audio gain above 0 ....again in basic coin and fast ...the manual puts audio gain at 20 but Th sens at 0...it seems to be say one thing on one page but disagrees in the settings shown..presuming they are factory pre-set......I notice on you tube also there are two UK You tubers who put their settings at the end of their search and none of those have a 0 setting in them anywhere..tcdetects being very good......so does one stick with factory presets till really getting to grips with the tones or go with the you tube ones....which I have put into my personal programes.....but I do find the manual advice does not match up with the programe settings shown at the back of the book...............help!!

tcawood

Re: all metal and dual mode

Post by tcawood » Fri May 10, 2019 11:05 pm

Sorry mazdaman only just noticed this post!

Not sure where you got to with your settings, but in my opinion the factory pre-sets are great and you don't really need to stray from these as you get used to the machine... I still use them from time to time.

Glad you like my vids (tcDetects), appreciated and the settings I use are the dual mode ones I list, they seem to work for me so I stick with em.

I have just produced a PDF of other user's settings, there' in another post in here somewhere, so you might want to try those too.

Best
Rutus Alter 71, Equinox 600, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade
YouTube - tcDetects

Koala

Post by Koala » Fri May 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Why don't you bury something like a cut half penny vertical and play with the setting and see which hits it best

each machine is slightly different, each field is different and also depends on swing speed

personally I like my machine to run silent. Other people prefer to hear the ground feedback, a lot is down to personal choice

Bors

Post by Bors » Sat May 11, 2019 8:42 am

Koala wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:24 pm
Why don't you bury something like a cut half penny vertical and play with the setting and see which hits it best

each machine is slightly different, each field is different and also depends on swing speed

personally I like my machine to run silent. Other people prefer to hear the ground feedback, a lot is down to personal choice
Yes often in my case I find it depends on what machine I`m using . On the F75 I liked a threshold hum in the background and I like to hear the snap crackle and pops going on and hear when I hit the Iron when it starts thumping away, then I know when to alter my settings and I have it also on the Nox , but on certain tesoros where there is no threshold I`ve run silent, but to be honest I find that less preferable than a threshold background hum and whats going on beneath me by the feed back.

mazdaman

Post by mazdaman » Mon May 13, 2019 9:31 pm

Thanks all to the replies regarding the Rutus settings i am slowly getting to grips with it and notice it runs quieter on plough land than pasture but that may have something to do with the junk in the fields.....I must admit I like mine to run silent with the slightest of back ground hum ..do like the signal tone and display and have found some good items with it and it does go deep ..latest find being a papal bulla...on pasture about 7 inches down. I will stick to factory presets with slight tweaks .....I did put the pdf ..settings mentioned in the personal programme ...though I did find some a bit to chattery for me ......thanks again for replies ..it's a good machine and I know it will find me more artifacts ....first detecting rally this weekend with it so will keep my eyes open for other Rutus user's ..for Rutus tips!!!

Return to “RUTUS Forum”