AT Max ID numbers

Garrett AT Max Forum
Garrett AT Max Metal detector Topics Only.
macj2019

AT Max ID numbers

Post by macj2019 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:53 am

My AT Max is a great machine but I run in all metal and disc at 20. I get a banging signal at 28-29 with no iron grunt. I assume at this low figure its washers or bolts so I never dig them. A lot of 30-33 signals on my permission but usually rubbish. My question is. What have you guys experienced as being a good diggable number eg gold or other low number metals

Jel

Re: AT Max ID numbers

Post by Jel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm

I bought a Max about 2 months ago and it has frustrated me so badly i've literally just bought an Equinox 800.
I could register a banging 53 and end up digging iron. I went on a dig Sunday and anyone following me would'n't have dug any iron as i dug it! No matter what signal i got i dug iron. I'm not new to Garrett either, i had a EuroAce for 4 years and the only difference imo is the Max goes a tad deeper, has numbers instead of icons, wireless earphones and pinpointer.
I was advised by the place i bought the Max that the numbers were only a guide and appreciate that and to learn to pick tones. As i said, i could get a banging 53 mid tone in zero mode that would be a small nail a foot down and as i got near it, 65, 77 and end up 83.
I hate to pan a product but if i'm going to dig everything i would take my £200 C Scope and a re-inforced rucksack and not an £800 machine that's supposed to be one of Garrett's best.
C Scope cs4pi
Garrett EuroAce
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Nox 800

LloydF

Re: AT Max ID numbers

Post by LloydF » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:53 pm

A 9 carat (partial) ring was ringing between 55-70 on the 400i, to be honest I've never had much good come up below about 55ish.

I'm not sure if the numbering is different on the max but can't imagine it would be?
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT

Return to “Garrett AT MAX”