Garrett AT Max pre order for July

Garrett AT Max Forum
Garrett AT Max Metal detector Topics Only.
sanjuro

Re: Garrett AT Max pre order for July

Post by sanjuro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Still no volume control ;;z

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Yeah but what if you dont like the headphones provided ?

Hawkeyes

Post by Hawkeyes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:31 am

With regards to volume control the AT MAX has two controls, one on the unit and the other on the head phones the main unit has a low volume threshold so you don't miss those faint sounds but can turn down the loud ones but when using the head phones its best to turn them up full and trim back for comfort on the main unit that way you don't turn down those faint all important bleeps.
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro Pin pointer and being in the right place at the right time ::g

Hawkeyes

Post by Hawkeyes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 am

If you mean by power!! the depth it can pick up targets, I'm working some noisy ground at the moment but it is still able to distinguish a very small coin at 12 to 14 inches down and in fact most of the stuff I'm finding on my new permission is generally deep and is making the digging part hard work but the AT MAX is finding it.
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro Pin pointer and being in the right place at the right time ::g

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Waiting from some honest reviews to see how it copes with east coast beaches , mainly Yorkshire ones ::g

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 pm

I hope the AT Max is the good performer that it promises to be. But I can't help feeling that some owners of AT Pros and AT Golds must feel as though they have to flog their "prototypes" now and shell out more to get the finished artcle.

Maybe if they had just coloured it different, restyled the control box a little, and maybe just called it the Garrett Max, rather than give the impression that it's the same machine, but they have got it right this time.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Hawkeyes wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:31 am
With regards to volume control the AT MAX has two controls, one on the unit and the other on the head phones the main unit has a low volume threshold so you don't miss those faint sounds but can turn down the loud ones but when using the head phones its best to turn them up full and trim back for comfort on the main unit that way you don't turn down those faint all important bleeps.

Not to be confused with the actual Threshold which performs a separate function. Set headphones to full volume, use the unit volume to adjust to preferred level. Threshold for background hum levels dependant on environment and preferences.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Hawkeyes

Post by Hawkeyes » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 pm

tinsmith wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm
Waiting from some honest reviews to see how it copes with east coast beaches , mainly Yorkshire ones ::g
Used the Max on the beach a couple of times now and it seamed to cope well with a bit of tinkering, on the dry sand very clear detection without interference all metal mode can be a bit noisy and frustrating but discrimination modes much better, likes to swing parallel with the shore line swinging from different levels of wetness in the sand and you can get noise regular ground balancing is required but you definitely know when your over a good target.
There is just one thing I am struggling with after digging a target if you re check over the hole you can get a mid tone signal like there is still something in the hole but no matter how deep or wide you dig it still keeps showing a deep target right over the center of the hole, it happened on the beach a few times and on a permission that is quite ionised so I am thinking in ionised soil or sand it can false right over the center of a hole ?? anyone got any ideas on this will be much appreciated.

Return to “Garret AT MAX”