Golden mask ONE 15 or 24 khz

Topics related to Golden Mask metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
JonM

Re: Golden mask ONE 15 or 24 khz

Post by JonM » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:38 pm

garrettoldboy wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:56 pm
JonM wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 pm
The Golden Mask One 24 arrived today and I am extremely impressed with the build quality of the machine and also with the ws106 headphones, very light on the arm and the backlight is a welcome bonus. The machine seems very concise on the few items selected as test pieces so ........ we shall see what the near future holds.
hello, let us know how you get on with your new detector jon, try the rusty nail and silver coin test, my GM 1 UK worked very well and nulled out the iron giving a good signal on the coin
I'm liking the ability of being able to adjust the iron volume as low as suits me whilst being able to keep the better (second) tone as high as I like. I did a brief test this evening in my soil pot and the graph on the screen indicator is good enough for my needs, a rusty m20 nut came up low exactly where I would have expected and my Henry lll silver penny rang in right where I expected, well happy. I have a piece of coke that I keep for testing and as predicted by another user when I tested with it ......... the screen graph showed a full reading from bottom to top. Ooh the backlight choice of on or off is a bonus.

Makro Multi Kruzer.
Golden Mask ONE 24khz with WS 106.
Nokta Pointer.
GP Pointer.
NCMD Member.

dreadnought

Post by dreadnought » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 am

I'm getting my ONE24KHZ. Tomorrow. Can't wait to get out in the field. The Vdi graph seems a bloody good idea. Will keep you all posted.
garret 400i ::g
Quest Q40, awesome machine, never sell it, now the boys :: ::g
Kruzer…………. disappointing, sold ;;z

GP pointer, 3 years and still going, now the boys. ::g
Nokta pointer, best there is ::g

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi dreadnaut. There’s been a lot of interest since I’ve first post about the one 24 back in February. Unfortunately mine is still stood in the office waiting to see some action. I’ve not been out since I posted on here.. all being well after next week I can finally get out and do a review. Well done for suggesting golden mask get there own section on the brands list. Fully deserved. And 👍to the admin for doing this. I see you have created a review category and will check it out.

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:21 pm

garrettoldboy wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm
hello, another reason i like the GM detectors having used mine over the years i find less old/ rusty iron items apart from the usual plough shears/ horse shoes, also very good at nulling out a rusty nail near say a silver coin, i would presume a better machine in an iron infested field,
hello, i have the GM 5 PLUS 8 and 18 KHz, i started with the GM plus 1 UK 15KHz

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:25 pm

garrettoldboy wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:21 pm
garrettoldboy wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm
hello, another reason i like the GM detectors having used mine over the years i find less old/ rusty iron items apart from the usual plough shears/ horse shoes, also very good at nulling out a rusty nail near say a silver coin, i would presume a better machine in an iron infested field,
hello, i have the GM 5 PLUS 8 and 18 KHz, i started with the GM plus 1 UK 15KHz both had a DD coil

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Mon May 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Well I eventually got out to have a go on the goldenmask ONE24. It’s was and organised dig on pasture and around 70-80 of us. A lot of you will know how things are at the beginning of a dig, can be a bit overcrowded at the start until it thins out. I was a bit worried how it would react with so many other detectors around but I needn’t of worried. After powering up and setting the 5 simple settings there was no issues as far as emi. My settings were frequency shift 3, gain 27 which is only 3 notches away from full power.iron volume 5, and volume 9. And just disc out the iron section on the graph And using the 10.5 coil. First target turn out to be a shotgun cartridge and the signal was clear and graph readings pretty narrow. At around 67 These were a bit of a pain on the day and must have dug about 20 odd. And depending on the type of cartridge all came through loud and clear and well worth a dig. I dug some iron just to make sure the detector was telling me what was what and pieces of iron that I dug showed up nicely in the iron section so no surprises there. Two good finds made on the day were a small roman bronze coin the was very clear and came through at 60 although graph did have a few multiple spikes but a clear dig-able signal recovered from about 4 inches. Second nice find was also a extremely good signal with narrow spikes on the graph at 80. Recovered from about 6 inches was a really nice harness pendant. Would love some more info on this if anybody has any. I’ve looked and can’t seem to find a similar one. Looks like knights Templar cross. With red enamelled background. Well chuffed with that. Two iron targets fooled me. A horse shoe and an iron washer but I’ve not realy had a machine that didn’t struggle a bit to get passed these. Iron loop targets. It also found some small items a couple of 22 pellets and a small bird ring.to sum up for the first time out I can honestly say I was very impressed. I have used most of the gm configurations and I have always thought the uk1+ was the one to beat. My biggest worry with this machine was stability in use ,and emi problems. The original 5+ was very unstable in use and the slightest knock on the coil sent it mad and the emi I suffered using the 4wd amongst other detectorists Made it unusable. So to start off surrounded by other machines and all was quiet was a great start. It was a pleasure to use aswell very stable ,quiet and smooth. And a couple of nice finds to show in quite a quiet dig considering there were 80 of us. I had one small issue that I have not identified. But at one point it started to behave a little erratic but it was very brief and can only put it down to the proximity of two xp deus close by using the white hf coils. But not that much of an issue. I was also detecting at one point very close to a mobile phone mast but didn’t have any effect being near to it. My phone was also switched on and connected to the 4g network for the whole time also with no effect on the machine. I usually turn my phone off but purposely left it on to see if it reacted with the machine. I remember detecting with my fisher gold bug and f75 and my phone played havoc with those machines. All in all

Stable
Quiet
Smooth

Very impressed. Will be using it in the future and will hopefully get some more results for different ground and scenarios.😃😃😃😃
This was the basic version as I added my own rechargeable batteries and I already got the charger. I do like wireless headphones so used my Garret z lynk phones and transmitter. They worked extremely well with this machine.

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 pm

A few pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dreadnought

Post by dreadnought » Sat May 11, 2019 12:30 pm

ive had mine for a while now and have also added a GM5+ to the stable. I have to say that I prefer the slightly lower frequency of the 5+ (18khz) as on my ground the 24khz was a bit erratic, but still very useable. these machines are excellent value for money, but be warned they don't like being near deus'. both mine go a little "potty" when close to a deus. don't know why, don't care, I just avaoid them. only a problem on club digs.
but all in all very good machines. am looking forward to the GM6. any one got any ideas when its due
garret 400i ::g
Quest Q40, awesome machine, never sell it, now the boys :: ::g
Kruzer…………. disappointing, sold ;;z

GP pointer, 3 years and still going, now the boys. ::g
Nokta pointer, best there is ::g

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Sat May 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Another dig using the ONE24,on pasture ridge and furrow. Ground was a bit quiet today. And no finds of real significants.a little disappointed after how well I got in last week. Was able to run the gain at 28 with no problems for the first hour or so. Pulled some deep Lead upend a piece of alley tubing. Nothing realy to complain about as far as the machine was concerned just a lack of targets not even the usual shotgun cartridges. The ground was different to the last test which was very light sandy soil. Today’s had seen some rain and a much darker colour. Looked more fertile.afyer about an hour I did start to get interference. I hadn’t got my phone on me and the usual suspects in regards to other detectors close by. I could see no electrical fences or anything obvious to account for this. I took steps to resolve the problems by lowering the gain to 20. And used all 3 options in the frequency shift setting 1,2 and 3, none of these alterations made much difference. The only real
Variable was the location and maybe something transmitting in a frequency the ONE24 didn’t like. The ground may of had some effect but as I was able to run high gain for quite some time with no issues I would imagine the interference was coming from another source.will be using again this week so hoping for better performance.

Dave Lowe

Post by Dave Lowe » Sun May 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Let me share my experience with the GM One 15khz, before I purchased it I had thought about it being made in Bulgaria, what if it went wrong ?, well my fears were realised, purchased it through an online metal detecting website, it arrived Friday pm, Saturday morning took it out for a test, after only one hour the spikes on the display screen started going all across the screen leaving it completely black, I went home phoned the company they said they would send me a new one, so I sent it back and heard nothing, after loads of emails / phone calls I was told it had been sent back to Bulgaria for repair, more emails ect, FOUR weeks later still no detector, eventually it was sent to me and got lost in the post ! more emails /phone calls I got my money back. 6 weeks without a new detector and the only time the supplier contacted me was in response to my enquiring !

celtic

Post by celtic » Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi anyone used the 15 khz one yet, if so your thoughts please

celtic

Post by celtic » Sat May 25, 2019 9:47 am

Very quiet. NOBODY !

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Sun May 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi Celtic. I’ve. Not had any experience with the one15. But can say I have with there other 15khz machine. The uk1+. And know that is very good. I have been out all weekend with the one24 again and it was running like a dream. Could detect most of the time on full power (30) with no issues what so ever. Even under the power lines I just dropped down to 27 and all was well. The dig was a bit lacking for finds but dug plenty of good signals even if they were just foil and tin but got to dig them. Managed to get 1 hammy ,a Lizzie penny and couple of other bits and bobs. Couldn’t fault it this time out. Would like to try a one15 myself at some point.👍

celtic

Post by celtic » Sun May 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi Bob bought one 15 khz for my grandson, full kit plus 12" spider but he is not keen and asked me to sell it but before I do I thought I would ask others and see what they think. How do you find the iron volume it sounds like to much bass in the ws 106 phones. but other than that it looks like a good piece of kit.

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Sun May 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi Celtic. Between the iron volume and the graph I found it quite easy to distinguish between iron and the good stuff. I assume it’s exactly the same on the one15. I’ve been using mine today with iron volume at 3 and volume at 10. Not a huge difference in volume between the two but enough to make you take notice. And the pitch difference is distinguishable. I’ve not used the ws 106 A’s didn’t go fir the wireless version. It’s worth changing to another set of phones and find a set to suit. I didn’t like the greyhhosts much with mine but the predators seemed to be quite good. If you want wireless I also tried with the Garrett z lynk ms3 which were quite good. Upto about 5-6 inches it pretty accurate but I found well worth scraping a few inches of the top on iffys if On cultivated ground just to see if the signal cleans up a bit. I think the more you use it the better you’ll get at processing the info given by the machine. More importantly I realy enjoy using it. I’ve always thought the uk1+ was the best of the lot. So the one15 should be as good. I only realy went for the one24 just for something a bit different as still got my uk1+. Only done 4 full days digging with the one24 so still working out it’s little quirks. Apart from some unidentifiable interference on one dig I can’t fault the other 3 digs. It was a joy. In fact I got deus and Nokta impact in the car and wasn’t at all bothered about getting them out. Will continue to use it Until I find a good reason not too.. all the best. Should you decide to sell I might be interested. Think my wife was thinking she wanted the screen and graph To look at instead of using my old uk1+.

celtic

Post by celtic » Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks for your input very interesting.

Return to “Golden Mask Forum”