heacham beach and surrounding area

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
mok

heacham beach and surrounding area

Post by mok » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:52 pm

hi .
this is my first post ,
i am going for a respite break next week to heacham , I was given a garrett 300i as a gift and wanted to know if anyone has any tips on where I might be able to go detecting ? many thanks

Mok

Wessexlad

Re: heacham beach and surrounding area

Post by Wessexlad » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Stick to dry sand if you can, garrets don’t like wet sand much, too many false signals. I’ve tried heacham and gave up. Found more stuff in the car park 😀.
You know you've got a weight problem when you put down a bag of salad at the self-service and the voice says "Unexpected item in bagging area".

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:11 pm

mok wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:52 pm
hi .
this is my first post ,
i am going for a respite break next week to heacham , I was given a garrett 300i as a gift and wanted to know if anyone has any tips on where I might be able to go detecting ? many thanks

Mok
Its one of the best areas in the country, ,,,,,,apart from the beach ( which could be good but I doubt it) ::g

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Use the search facility on the left l;/ l;/

There are several threads that mention Heacham and might help you (slight caveat being that things do change so if post is old there is a chance it might not now be valid).

The Garretts are very good starter machines and excellent value for money. However, their weak point is on wet mineralised sand (as are most machines in that price range) so you might be better off on the dry sand or if on the wet have to turn down the sensitivity.

Evan

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”