New to the hobby? Here’s a reality check

Useful information for anyone New to the hobby of metal detecting and just starting out.
Oxgirl36

New to the hobby? Here’s a reality check

Post by Oxgirl36 »

Just got a shiny new detector? Excited about what you might find? Brilliant news ::g Then you’ve watched a load of YouTube videos and seen and heard about those detectorists who seem to find gold on each trip out and wonder why you aren’t that lucky?

Let me tell you a secret some of them are not exactly telling the full truth about what they find ;). In reality there are people in this hobby who detect regularly who after 10 years have not found a hammered silver coin h;@ . There are a lot more who haven’t found gold after 15 plus years. Honestly that’s true. Are they using a rubbish machine? Are they using a poor detecting technique? No, they aren’t. They aren’t that unusual.

If you live in parts of the country hammered coins aren’t easy to find. Gold isn’t very easy to find anywhere. So if you’ve come into this hobby to get rich I’d get your new detector and put it straight on the nearest selling site you can find cause this hobby is highly likely to disappoint you.

I have a brilliant detecting site right now but if I earned 50p worth of finds for each hour I detected this year I’d be doing well. Not that I sell my finds anyway but that’s on a great site, most would be a lot worse!

So look at your shiny new detector and decide if you are doing this because you think you’ll find treasure or because you want to be part of the unearthing of history, getting some fresh air and exercise and having a bit of you time. Because you’ll need to be prepared to put in 35+ hours to get a proper grip on the basics of your machine. Maybe 200+ hours to know it really well. Are you prepared to do that? s;..

On new land your first trip could easily find you very little. Does that mean it’s rubbish? I spent over 8 hours on my best field before I found very much at all. Then the grass was cut very short and the weather changed and suddenly I’m on a completely different field. I persevered and didn’t just dismiss it.

So if you are new to this hobby be prepared to put in the graft and the hours to know your machine. No amount of watching YouTube videos will reduce that time really. If you have your own land research it and be patient and the land will share it’s history (if it has any that is :D ). If you go on digs be prepared to really graft on the research knowing that still it’ll be just pot luck if you (or anyone else) finds something.

This hobby is a game of patience - if you have some you’ll be rewarded by finds that make you smile and punch the air in excitement. Most have little monetary value but are rich in history and I wish you good luck in finding them.

Happy hunting :;@

Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Jamesey1981

Re: New to the hobby? Here’s a reality check

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I completely agree, YouTube isn't the real world, there's a few channels on there that have done a reality video where they show every find, these are usually long and they dig up just as much rubbish as the rest of us!

I have been detecting again for two years, found my first hammered coin a few weeks ago, but although I am going out to find good stuff that's not all I go out for, I work in an office and have a stressful job and getting out for a wander wherever I go is nice, whether it's a field, local park that I have a permit for or the beach, and I honestly don't care what I find, found a load of coins on the beach today, a lot were ruined, as well as a bit of rubbish, but even after three hours of digging a good signal every few feet I was still thinking, "I'll just dig one more and be on my way" when it came to be time to head home and I really enjoyed my morning out, even though I spent more on parking than I picked up in coins!

Metal detecting is a great hobby if you're doing it for the right reasons, if you're doing it for the wrong reasons it'll be disappointing indeed.

kenleyboy

Post by kenleyboy »

Very wise words Oxgirl . I have been extremely lucky but had my fair share of bad runs . One of my digging buddies has been detecting regularly for over 20 years and but has never had anything gold !
I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

Me and my boy

Post by Me and my boy »

Great words and nicely written account of the real truth of which most or all of us will encounter on a very regular basis.
Hammered coins don’t come on ever visit. You will blank quite often and go away feeling that you’ve wasted several hours of your life..... you haven’t! You got out and started building up your own picture of the field on which you toiled over, in the mud, snow, rain, fog and of cause the beautiful sun with the birds singing and the wildlife spotting.
The next time may well be a day spent getting wet to the skin, cold to the bone, muddy to your under crackers, but you found a hammered coin, milled silver or a medieval artefact and went home in the eager anticipation of checking your finds out and cleaning them, but only after you’ve cleaned yourself( just enough to be let back indoors), cleaned your detecting gear, put the kids to bed, cooked and ate dinner for you and the better half(because you were allowed out and you feel you best help because you were out enjoying yourself, whilst they were at home doing the important stuff) then and only then can you clean your finds( hiding in the bathroom, cos you should be doing some thing else more important) then look them up and enjoy them.

It’s a great hobby with great days, ok days, blank days and totally awful days.
But this is detecting and why we love it so much.
It’s the not knowing what you are going to find and what the great sounding signal you are just about to dig is going to be.
The shotty cartridge cap sounding tone you’ve just got after digging 15 already in the same area that upon digging totally surprises you by being that king or queen on a medieval silver coin looking up at you after 800 years of being hidden underground unloved and unseen until you pick it up wash it off and the treasure it all over again

I LOVE IT.

cantona1

Post by cantona1 »

You've summed it up perfectly Oxgirl, the chances of getting rich are pretty slim I'd say. I guess I'm very fortunate in the land that we have but even so I've (only)found 11 hammered silver coins in the 3 1\2 years I've been detecting, BUT I've found loads of completely worthless but to me priceless artifacts, Neolithic scrapers, bronze age casting waste, all the junk that our ancestors threw away.

I've got boxes of things that are priceless to me, to the rest of the world they're just boxes of junk, but I can remember exactly where each item was found and the feeling I had when I first held each item is priceless.

But no, you probably won't get rich not unless you find a market for all the ringpulls, canslaw, aluminium, bits of lead and chain links etc etc

Happy digging
Cantona1

JBM

Post by JBM »

Oxgirl, has summed up the reality of our hobby really well. ::g

In a sentence, I have always said dont give up the day job. :)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! »

I've banned myself from watching Youtube detectorists on account of most of them talking out of their hats and often acting like children*.
There, I've said it. :D

*(With some honourable exceptions!)

Mud, disappointment, getting cold, get over that and it isn't a bad hobby!

George L

Post by George L »

A good way to look at the hobby is: expect that the best thing you are going to get out of it is a bit of fun & exercise, whilst getting some fresh air at the same time.
Take that approach as I do, then you may find that your time and effort will reward you with something.. but even then, most of what you find will be either modern or post 1900 coinage that is no older than your Grandpa.

Just have fun whilst trying
Garrett AT Pro Detector
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Evolution Pro Cut Spade
Evolution Extreme Digging Blade
Dunlop Wellies :))

Koala

Post by Koala »

As a realistic example a rally on a large average field around here would be

200 people detect for 8 hours

that's 1600 hours for maybe 5 hammer and a couple of roman brooches by a few people

7 people find 7 object but still most of the day they find nothing

go out on the same field for 4 hours at a time

you would sill find the 7 objects but there would 393 day of nothing 1600/4 -7

or over a year of going out every day

the odds turn in your favour the more occupation there's been on the land.

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 »

A lot of it is homework and doing research and getting permissions on some good land I know a lot of people live in areas where there isn’t much activity but hats of to them for trying and actually getting permission
Equinox 800
Market rasen based
Vice President of LHRG ( Lincolnshire historical recovery group )

coal digger

Post by coal digger »

This post is so spot on and timely given my conversation with a stranger today.So grabbed an hour before sundown and was digging my last hole a few feet away from the van which was parked on a lane that's busy, when i heard a woman asking me if she could have a chat.."of course duck" i replied so we got chatting and she asked me how much a machine would cost which i replied it really does vary ete etc.long story short she was wanting to buy her son one to fund his uni fees from the Gold and silver that is in abundance just below the surface :D .

Of course i had to give her a reality check and emptied my pockets of nut,barbed wire,coal,lead.This preconception is apparently of the norm as i've has lots of people telling me they are going to get one and ..."top up their retirement pot"...."go on a cruise".

Fact A..Detecting will not make you rich and enable you to make a youtube vid laid on a bed throwing bundles of £50 notes in the air like a Gangsta.

Fact B.. Detecting could enrich local historical events and link things together.

cd, ::g
Never wish this day gone, as this day can never be replaced

George L

Post by George L »

The preconception is a product of marketing barrages by persons doing Youtube videos in order to produce sales of goods and therefore earn commissions

Likewise, there is also the TV program Aussie Gold Hunters + others, where participants in the programs are shown earning 10's of thousands per week.. but Mrs Jones doesn't relate to the fact that the gold in the program is in Australia and the UK is not as well endowed with such goodies.. Notwithstanding this, she also wrongly assumes that the same rules and laws apply to hunting for gold in the UK.

Eyes wide open
George
Garrett AT Pro Detector
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Evolution Pro Cut Spade

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

I keep seeing posts all over social media where people expect to pick up a detector and can’t understand why they aren’t experts straight away. The frustration with not having somewhere to detect is added on top.

And then though I get annoyed they are being duped by social media. They see a dig where 5 or 6 decent finds is splashed across the facebook and forget that means 94 of the 100 people at that dig walked away with little or nothing ;;z . That’s just the way it is and we all know that but sadly lots of people outside the hobby don’t.

This hobby is difficult in lots of ways. It tests patience and perseverance. But there again if it was too easy would we want that? I wouldn’t =))

Anyways thank you for the great comments on here. I hope it helps some new members if our hobby see that they aren’t alone when they struggle at the beginning. And maybe some people considering buying a machine, thinking it’ll help pay their uni fees (I’m astounded at that one!).
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

coal digger wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:18 pm
This post is so spot on and timely given my conversation with a stranger today.So grabbed an hour before sundown and was digging my last hole a few feet away from the van which was parked on a lane that's busy, when i heard a woman asking me if she could have a chat.."of course duck" i replied so we got chatting and she asked me how much a machine would cost which i replied it really does vary ete etc.long story short she was wanting to buy her son one to fund his uni fees from the Gold and silver that is in abundance just below the surface :D .

Of course i had to give her a reality check and emptied my pockets of nut,barbed wire,coal,lead.This preconception is apparently of the norm as i've has lots of people telling me they are going to get one and ..."top up their retirement pot"...."go on a cruise".

Fact A..Detecting will not make you rich and enable you to make a youtube vid laid on a bed throwing bundles of £50 notes in the air like a Gangsta.

Fact B.. Detecting could enrich local historical events and link things together.

I’m honestly astounded :-O
Carpe vinum

coal digger

Post by coal digger »

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 pm
coal digger wrote:

At what?..the fact that i wear a 4 lb gold $ shaped pendant around my neck made from melted down bronze age torcs which are readily available on fields,or the fact that it took me 7 yrs to find my first hammy :D .
Never wish this day gone, as this day can never be replaced

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

coal digger wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:11 am
Oxgirl36 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 pm
coal digger wrote:

At what?..the fact that i wear a 4 lb gold $ shaped pendant around my neck made from melted down bronze age torcs which are readily available on fields,or the fact that it took me 7 yrs to find my first hammy :D .
Actually the fact a strange woman talked to you =)) :P
Carpe vinum

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Very True!... but wait a minute!... does this mean that all the things some manufacturers say about all the gold lying under our feet in practically every square foot of ground could just be an exaggeration in order for them to sell their machines to many thousands of gullible consumers!- and the things they say about their new impossible to be made by anyone else machine that will pay for itself almost as soon as you get it out of the box could also be exaggerated!?.... surely they wouldn't do such a thing!.... would they?....

Surely some manufacturers aren't just trying to tap in to the lottery ticket market by trying to sell us all what basically amounts to an £800+ lottery ticket where you buy the machine with a chance of hitting the jackpot but only if you go out and actually find it yourself and then have to share it 50/50 with some land owner?... whilst litter picking the beaches and countryside, and not only that!- but also listening out for faint signals through a set of headphones in order to find the tiniest bits of scrap under the ground!.​

....To be honest, I have some important information to disclose!.... I have suspected some kind of conspiracy for some time now!, but I remained silent in fear of being ridiculed....but I can't keep quiet about it any longer and think now may be the right time to speak up about it..... My suspicions all started when I noticed many councils reducing staff and laying off many employees!- and slowly with time.... as I was cleaning the beaches of bottle caps, pull tabs, bits of foil and other types of rubbish and taking it all home with me so I could count it all to establish some kind of 'targets per hour' dig rate in order to measure my progress and to work on my efficiency in digging up these pieces of rubbish!- and sometimes even photographing it for heavens sake!.... it suddenly dawned on me!, and the realisation hit me as though I'd just whacked myself square in the face with my metal detecting shovel!- and it metaphorically hurt!..... I am not a treasure hunter!.... nor a detectorist!... I am in fact a litter picker!!!!. ​

It is with my deepest regret!.... and this regret is even deeper than what my Equinox or Simplex can pull a bottlecap out from under the ground!.... that I wish to inform you all that we have all been duped!... yes duped!....by some secret and devious think tank group working in the very bowels of some government department on an environmental initiative towards.... 'Keeping Britain Tidy'!. We've all been tricked in to taking up this hobby by all the articles in the newspapers and magazines reporting Saxon and Roman hoards being found all over the place!, tricked by the metal detector manufacturers in to believing that there is gold laying in practically every square foot of ground right under our feet which we can just pluck out as long as we buy one of their machines- which is always the best machine for the job and better than anything else on the market!, so you better buy it if you don't want to be beaten to the gold by someone else!. We are bombarded daily with adverts for those 'Cash for Gold' services which are purposely created to subconsciously implant in our minds that there is an easy way for us to sell all the gold we find!, and they will even pay your postage!. I see it all now!.... it's all been cleverly coordinated to create a workforce of unpaid litter pickers who will even buy their own equipment!. The government, councils, etc save money!, us 'metal detectorists' (litter pickers) put even more money in to the economy by constantly buying the latest and best detector (litter finder) every time they release one!. Oh... and there's probably a reason why your pinpointer is manufactured with tiny little wires inside that are just like little mini fuses that are designed to short out or break every few months!- more money that can go in to the economy right!. And do you think that the manufacturers really can't make a metal detecting shaft that is long enough!, or doesn't bend, break, or fail in some other way!?- it's only a stick after all!. Oh how 'they' must be laughing!- everyone's a winner right!?- except the metal detectorist that is!. ​

I suspect that the conspiracy may go deeper and be even darker than what people might initially believe!. Does anyone else also think it a bit strange how those hammered coins keep appearing week after week, year after year from the same fields that have already been detected thousands of times over the last few decades!, and how odd it is that the monarchs heads on those coins always appear to look like strange looking cartoon characters as though designed by a 7 year old who can't draw and stamped a bit of Playdough with the image!?. I mean really!.... can you imagine a King or queen a few hundred years ago (particularly Henry VIII) being presented with one of those coins as a depiction of them that's to be handed out amongst the population to exchange for services and goods!.... They'd want the designers head on the chopping block!.

I have a sneaking suspicion that those hammered coins are the carrot being dangled under the metal detectorists nose in order to keep them motivated to continue with the unpaid litter picking job!- give them just enough to keep them going thinking they are finding cool looking stuff!.... I strongly suspect that the coins are being planted!!!!. The 'coins' are most likely being manufactured by an unskilled workforce who can't draw- possibly prison inmates who are serving life sentences so they will never be released to reveal this secret and conspiracy!. Teams are then going out at night and burying those coins for metal detectorists to find!. Now this may already sound like a very devious plot but I think it may get even worse!..... I suspect that the coins are not actually made from silver either!.... but from recycled baked bean tins and other scrap metal!. I also suspect that many other artifacts that us 'metal detectorists' (litter pickers) find are also fakes made from recycled scrap!- which is a devious, but admittedly genius idea they had as it killed two or even three birds with one stone!. You see, the other problem the government environmental think tanks had was to find a solution for the ever decreasing space in the landfill sites!. They had already solved the problem regarding amassing an unpaid workforce of litter pickers who would clean the fields and beaches of litter and take it home and put it in the bin, and they had found a way to keep the workforce of unpaid litter pickers motivated!, but now they needed to find somewhere else other than the bins and landfill sites where some of the rubbish could be deposited in!..... and yes you've probably already guessed it!..... in metal detectorists finds cabinets!!!!. ​

dig-dog

Post by dig-dog »

coal digger wrote:

You must have one of those pistol type gold and diamond detectors that are sold on that auction site.
Only a hundred quid, 1400m range, 20m depth (deepth), they have a light on the control box when you’re pointing it at diamonds! Tell all your friends, tell all the dog walkers, throw away your detectors. No need to bother walking around for days looking for scrappy old coins, just stand at the gate and start scanning for all that gold. If only everybody knew about these we’d all be living like kings.

On a more serious note, have you seen the look on people’s faces when you tell people about the realities of detecting? Trying to find permissions, hours spent digging detritus etc.They seem genuinely shocked. :-O

Great post Cath ::g

DD.
E-trac 13" ultimate coil.
Full XP Deus 11" coil / hf elliptical coil
Sniper spade

Keef the Frog

Post by Keef the Frog »

2 years in & so far the only thing not in the scrap bin is a peasant button :))
Rolling about naked in mud will give the wrong impression.

Dom

Post by Dom »

Well I spent 6hrs yesterday on what is considered a very good site which I'm very lucky to have permission for, pretty much undetected before.
6hrs of covering hardly any ground as every step was a signal of 3 to 9 on the equinox digging up minute pieces of lead and very small copper screws x;
I worked so hard!
I did find three trading tokens though which excited me.
I can blank and still love it, to me it's drawing up the activity through the ages of the area, I map everything including areas with lots of tiny lead. After 2 years it's really starting to form a picture.

Never found gold, but if you want to you have to dig all those iffy signals, personally I dig them for other stuff like potins, cut quarters and well... Who knows!?
Monetary value of these items... hardly anything, historical value... priceless.

Good luck if you want to find treasure =))
Equinox 600, GM5+ and a broken Deus Lite :(

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

My very first time was in the park, so I did find coins etc... which I guess cemented the hobby as part of me ,
But if maybe the first time was in a farmers field where 95% of everything is rubbish, I might not have got that instant love .
Doctor - you’ve got 5 minutes to live
Me - Listen to comfortably numb
Doctor - but that’s 9 minutes
God - it’s ok

George L

Post by George L »

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:33 am

Actually the fact a strange woman talked to you =)) :P
ROFL :)) :)) -=+:-P -=+:-P =)) =))
Garrett AT Pro Detector
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Evolution Pro Cut Spade

kenleyboy

Post by kenleyboy »

As I read the posts it conjures up the stark reality for me when I look back at my humble beginnings when first got back into the hobby . It took me almost a year and a half before I managed to get my first permission , that was a long haul but I got there in the end .
I did get lucky joining a local club , a foot through the door so to speak but was not accepted as a member until I had served my "guest" apprenticeship and a space was available . This meant no invites to any club digs until membership was granted . Once a member I attended club digs but to be honest I never found that much other than the humble button but that was exciting enough for me , in fact I found more in my Garden than out on the fields . The Garden was my Godsend , it gave me the opportunity to get to know a little bit about my machine and I found some great stuff from a silver pendant , buttons and some coins as well as plenty of nails and a huge lump of rusty plough .
My first permission gave up some lovely finds for me , it was well worth the wait but the reality check for me is that nothing lasts forever and once I lost that I was down to one very small and not easily accessible permission but it is better than nothing and after my recent foray it shows some potential . I have another in the pipeline but until I know for sure it stays on the back burner .
So for me the hobby has its highs and lows and ups and downs , good days and bad days , all part of the learning curve of this wonderful hobby . It is rewarding in many ways , I have had some great days out on club digs , met a few decent sorts some of who have now become very good friends and for me that is my reward for sticking it out . If you are looking for treasure or a get rich quick motive then good luck , it does happen but you probably got more chance with a scratch card .
I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

lonecoiler

Post by lonecoiler »

Another great and accurate read. On the plus side there could be some bargain detectors on the market soon =)) :;@
Garrett Ace 250 with NEL Tornado coil.

So many fields, so few permissions

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige »

hi,
good post Oxgirl,

i have always said i would be far better of working in McDonalds compared to detecting.
it is a hobby first and foremost , if you cant spend 6 hours walking around the countryside and enjoy just that you need to look for another hobby.
we are all guilty for the rise in detectorists looking for land and having high hopes, due to the great finds posted on here daily. it only shows the best of thousands of hours collectively put in by hundreds of people.
i am lucky to live in the best part of the country and have land to go on. but i put in many hours to find 100 buttons 100 bits of lead and then a beaten up hammie.
detecting for the newbie should be looked at like supporting Norwich City. you will spend hundreds of hours travelling to and from games. spend money, enjoy a goal sometimes and once in your lifetime maybee win a trophy. Norwich could win the champions league next year. you could find something worth over 10k. Its more likely City will do it
but if you enjoy the sport of it and being outside fine.
want to make money. go to Australia and try the goldfields. ( but get a part time job in McDonalds to pay the rent)
nige
.MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick »

A great 'straight from the hip' post by Oxgirl, and the only thing I would have added is a stronger emphasis on permission and the difficulty in obtaining one. Personally, I'd add the content of the original post as an informative standalone 'sticky'. The additional posts/opinions are helpful, but the original message may get lost.

I don't really blame the manufacturers (they have a product to sell), and I don't even blame the video posters. The blame lies squarely with the individuals who splash out cash on a detector without the slightest bit of research into what's involved. You wouldn't buy a gun without having somewhere to shoot it, you wouldn't buy a set of golf clubs without securing somewhere to swing them, you wouldn't buy a boat if you live nowhere near water. Social media is littered with posts from people who still think that public footpaths, local commons/recs/parks are fair game. Don't give people the excuse of blaming someone else: that's how we end up with groups blaming the lack of ping-pong facilities for individuals stabbing each other out of greed! The truth is that there is a lack of personal responsibility.

Unlike the majority of other fora, the MDF does include a strong element of responsible education and posts like this are important. But, we are largely preaching to the converted. The MDF has family-friendly rules, a wealth of information and areas where we can all chat and have the benefits of FB without the slagging, but it generally only reaches those who already have a responsible attitude. I would like to see an information leaflet provided by UK retailers detailing the realities of permission and the realities of finding included with every new detector. I have said before that the hobby is in desperate need of an effective body... a go-to place with funding to allow adequate advertising, providing comment to news organisations when the negative press arises, etc. The NCMD is fine as far as it goes, but mainly an afterthought when people want cheap insurance or a passport to organised digs.

In the meantime, we are going to continue getting posts from people who have just bought a detector and asking for the 'ultimate' settings before even taking it into the field to see how it performs. We are going to see people disappointed because they don't find history in their first couple of outings. We are going to see people disillusioned because they realise how difficult it is to find somewhere to use a detector.
Equinox 800
Garrett 400i
C-Scope 1220b

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.

Life is difficult. Once we truly know that life is difficult and we truly understand and accept it, then life is no longer difficult.

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick »

ninja nige wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:51 am

detecting for the newbie should be looked at like supporting Norwich City. you will spend hundreds of hours travelling to and from games. spend money, enjoy a goal sometimes and once in your lifetime maybee win a trophy. Norwich could win the champions league next year. you could find something worth over 10k. Its more likely City will do it
nige
Blimey... and I thought that I was an optimist Nige!! But I do wish the Canaries well. ::g
Equinox 800
Garrett 400i
C-Scope 1220b

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.

Life is difficult. Once we truly know that life is difficult and we truly understand and accept it, then life is no longer difficult.

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige »

i actually have Arsenal season ticket. but Norwich are my second team.
.MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

ratty

Post by ratty »

ninja nige wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:55 am
i actually have Arsenal season ticket. but Norwich are my second team.
Don't panic professional help is available.. x; x; ::g

PHILLUCKY

Post by PHILLUCKY »

This is very true, I have been detecting 20 years and found no more than 30 hammered coins and never found gold once. some youtube videos are so fake they are laughable.
detecting is a great hobby tho and I love finding history

Return to “Beginners Forum”