ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Newbie. What should I get?

Useful information for anyone New to the hobby of metal detecting and just starting out.
GraceB2000

Newbie. What should I get?

Post by GraceB2000 »

Hi,

I’m starting metal detecting as a hobby. I have about £200-£350 to spend.
I am a coin collector which is what has drawn me to the hobby, I would like a metal detected mainly to search for coins, but also any other artifacts.
I live in land, so would need something good on fields. I do go on holiday and would like one that has some capabilities to be used on the beach, however is not essential and I know I’m asking for a lot for a small budget.
I just need some advice on what sort of metal detector to get, somewhere within my price range, and also this is going to sound like a dumb one, but I’m a bit useless with technology, so something with some good guides on how to use it, or which is quite user friendly would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Beginners Forum”