T2 ltd dst

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MrLysol

T2 ltd dst

Post by MrLysol » Sat May 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Anyone upgraded from a standard T2 ? Was it worth the upgrade ? I'm dithering over whether to do the upgrade. Any feedback would be good, thanks in advance.

Nox 800, X-pointer probe and bags of enthusiasm :-)

Mud Max

Re: T2 ltd dst

Post by Mud Max » Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Gary from XP still speaks of the T2 with great respect. It certainly has pedigree.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sat May 12, 2018 11:38 pm

I had one, to be honest I preferred the original green version.

Ironbeard

Post by Ironbeard » Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

I upgraded from a Green original T2 to an SE with DST about a year ago after 4 months with the original version. The DST has helped when in rallies. It's certainly not as chattery around other nearby detectors unless you stand very close. It still does pickup on underground cables, telephone lines to a lesser degree. The worst EMI I have found are strong wireless router networks ie a location such as a large Victorian house with detectable gardens that are now being used as offices with a cross site wireless network coverage. You just have to turn the sensitivity down, the disc up, or live with the chatter and cycling numbers - it does still hit on targets when doing this if you can live with it.

The FE volume levels are good meaning it's not such a headache when on very low disc - you can hear the iron but at the level you prefer on whichever program you use. The Boost Process is deep but slow on my SE but works as intended when over deep vegetation - certainly gives you a chance if you can't get the coil close to the ground.

I'm not sure if the DST affects depth when switched on - you can flick it off if in a field without EMI of course.

I like to hunt in either 1 tone on low disc around 75-82 sensitivity in quiet fields, or 2 tones with quieter iron depending on the level in the soil. I don't like to disc too high as I'm sure it affects my depth (as written about elsewhere). I can't go to some of the high gain settings due to lots of my fields having high mineral content as I live in the mining county of Cornwall. I check targets in All Metal or use other methods like raising coil etc to check for junk/size of targets. Higher disc does seem to me to reduce what the T2 tells you on most targets - it may be my machine or just me, who knows! A bit of manual ground balancing can optimise the T2 as well given the right conditions.

A lollipop depth test is worth doing if you haven't tried it just before you search for the first signal ::g

Hope this helps!!

Ironbeard

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue May 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Blueboy wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:38 pm
I had one, to be honest I preferred the original green version.
I had a play with the original green.

Very consistent when close to its maximum depth

Return to “Teknetics Forum”